Chapter 8

The next day I am hanging my clothes up inside Hades's walk in closet I placed my shoes on the floor of the closet. I left the closet and closed the door behind me I put the rest of my clothes inside the empty dresser drawers in Hades's dresser. When I was finished putting away my clothes, I left mine and Hades room and headed downstairs as I was walking downstairs, I heard the front door open. 

"Kore, where are you?" 

"Walking down the stairs." 

I walked down the stairs and saw Hades walking towards me. 

"What's the matter you look worried?" 

"Hera invited us to her dinner party this evening." 

"I don't mind attending Hera's dinner party but if you don't want to attend, I understand because you don't get along with Zeus." 

"I have to attend because I promised Hercules and Megara that I will be at Hera's dinner party." 

Hades handed me my leather jacket I put on my leather jacket we walked upstairs and headed to his office. We entered his office Hades, and I walked through the portal we entered Olympus I looped my arm through Hades we walked up the steps of Hera and Zeus's mansion. I rang the doorbell the door opened Hera greeted us warmly we walked inside the mansion Hera took our jackets. 

"Hades, Persephone thank you so much for coming to my dinner party." Hera smiled. 

"You're more than welcome." Hades and I said. 

Hades held my hand as we followed Hera to the dining room, she led us into a grand dining room with a huge table to seat everyone. Hades and I walked towards the table he slid out my chair for me I sat down at the table he sat down next to me. Hera joined Zeus at the table we ate salmon, buttered green beans, and rice. 

"Uncle Hades have you fucked your new lover yet?" Apollo smirked. 

"Apollo that's no way to treat your uncle." Hera said sternly. 

"I'm still trying to figure out what Persephone sees in Uncle Hades." Athena pointed out. 

I held Hades's hand under the table and rubbed soothing circles on the back of his hand. 

"Apollo it's none of your business what I do with Persephone." Hades snarled. 

"Well, if you don't fuck your lover soon I will." Apollo smiled. 

I was starting to feel uncomfortable by the comments Apollo was making I released Hades's hand and excused myself from the table. I left the dining room and walked down the hall I entered a sitting room I walked over to the couch and sat down. Hades, Megara, Hercules, and Hera came into the sitting room and sat down. 

"Hera, I am so sorry for ruining your dinner party." 

"Persephone you didn't ruin my dinner party my rude stepson and stepdaughter did." 

"I needed to leave because Apollo was making me uncomfortable." 

"Apollo thinks it's manly to say things like that to females he's said things like that to Megara until she punched him in the face." Hercules said. 

Hades left the sitting room Hera wrapped her arm around me and comforted me. 

"Hera your more like a mother to me than my own mother was to me." I said. 

"Demeter never was the motherly type she did enjoy sleeping around though." Hera explained. 

"I better go check on Uncle Hades." Hercules suggested, leaving the sitting room. 

"Megara, Hera what does it mean when a man lets you move into his room?" 

"It means you are more than just a houseguest and Hades would like to try having a relationship with you." 

"How did your date go with Hades?" Megara asked curiously. 

"My date went very well with Hades he seemed a little nervous." I said. 

"Hades never took Minthe or Leuce out on dates he only slept with them." 

"Excuse me Persephone and Megara I need to have a private word with my husband about his children's behavior." 

Hera left the sitting room Hercules and Hades returned to the sitting room I noticed he was carrying my leather jacket. I rose from the couch Hades walked towards me and helped me put on my leather jacket. 

"Uncle Hades do you mind if the kids spend the weekend with you and Persephone?" 

"Hercules, the kids can stay next weekend." 

Hades took me by the hand and led me out of the sitting room we headed for the front door and left Hera and Zeus's mansion Hades, and I walked down the front steps he opened the portal back up to the Underworld we stepped through the portal. Hades and I returned to his office the portal shut behind us I removed my leather jacket I left his office and walked downstairs I hung up my jacket. I walked back upstairs and returned to Hades's office I walked into the room and joined him on the couch. 

"Hades does Hera's stepchildren have something against me being with you?" I asked confused. 

"My nieces and nephews minus Hercules think I have you under some kind of spell because they think that the god of the Underworld is incapable of finding love." Hades stated. 

"That's not true everyone deserves to find love including the god of the Underworld." 

I reached over and held Hades's hand I kissed the back of his hand later on that evening Hades and I are snuggling on the couch in the sitting room with Cerberus sleeping on the floor. I laid my head on his shoulder he wrapped his arm around me I leaned in and kissed Hades, he kissed me and broke the kiss.  

"Was it just me or did you feel a spark between us when we kissed?" 

"I felt a spark between us when we kissed, I promise not to rush our relationship along or ask you to do things that your uncomfortable doing." 

"Hades, I trust you." I stated. 

"I trust you as well." He replied. 

We were starting to get tired Hades and I rose from the couch I turned off the lamp we left the sitting room and headed upstairs to bed.