Chapter Twenty Five. Queen Annora

Year E2996

Year E2996

Beck

"Monsters of the sky!" I yelled at Kat. "Kitty, it has got to be that."

She glanced away from the sky, rotating from her back to her stomach and propping herself on her elbows. She played with her curly purple hair before scooping up a pile of violet dirt and letting the wind blow it away.

I shifted my body a little while I lay on the dirt field, watching an orange cloud float above us. Tiny raindrops fell, landing in the distance away from us.

"That's a stupid guess," Kat said, petting Tyran while he hopped by.

I sat up, twisting my torso to look at her. "Well, you aren't giving any guesses."

She smiled at me with all her teeth showing. "That's because I already know the answer to this quiz."

Kat rolled over, sitting up next to me. She crisscrossed her legs while scooting closer. Her tiny fingers drew in the dirt, writing M-O-S vertically.

"You see, M stands for mysterious," she said, writing it out horizontally.

Kat smirked at me while I rolled my eyes.

"Just as stupid." I put my head in my palm.

She glared at me before writing the next word.

"Original," I read barely in her sloppy handwriting.

"Yes," she said with excitement while writing the last word.

"Spirits." She stood up, kicking the dirt and destroying her project.

I leaned over, grabbing Tyran and brushing his ears back. He nibbled at my sleeve while I rose to my feet. Kat scrambled along the ground, collecting all the junk she brought to the field and shoving it into her backpack. She picked up one of the shiny lavender rocks, fisting it before pointing at me.

"This would make sense because the colossus tribes are spiritual gods to a few safforians." She stuffed the rock in her bag and swung it on her shoulder.

Kat lifted her sparkly shirt, unzipping her fanny pack. I stepped to her, placing Tyran in the bag. My fingers grabbed the zipper while Kat brushed hers on mine. I glanced up at her beautiful amethyst eyes. Her curly flyways blew across her forehead into her eyes, asking me to tuck them behind her ear. But Kat wasn't one of those girls from romance movies Ray watched. She would probably slap my hand away and threaten me.

I stepped back, letting her zip Tyran safely in her fanny pack.

"These colossus beings sound like a myth," I said, using my fingers to brush my hair back.

She grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the dirt field into the trees. I followed behind her, seeing the smoke from the fire at my camp. We stepped around the enormous boulder, seeing the broken spacecraft. Rob sat on a log, poking at the fire while Ray played on her tablet, sharing the stump. Kat smiled at me before skipping to Rob.