Chapter Four: The Journey Begins

Natasha's P.O.V.:

I had wanted to start the search yesterday, but Sonic had said that it would be smarter to start the day after. Today is the day that we leave, and I now realize that I wasn't well prepared. I didn't have enough supplies for the trip. That was the reason why I was knocking on the door to Amy's room.

"What?!" I heard Amy's annoying voice yell on the other side of the door. She had obviously just woken up.

"I need to borrow some clothes for the journey." I yelled to her. On the other side of the door she sighed in frustration. I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for her answer.

"What's wrong with what you're wearing?" she rudely asked. I rolled my eyes. She knew what was wrong. The clothes I was currently wearing reeked.

"I've been wearing these clothes for three days, and this fashion is getting old." I calmly explained to her.

There was a moment of silence before she answered. "Sorry, I only have enough clothes for myself." she finally said. "You're going to have to ask somebody else."

I growled in frustration. I had no idea if she was lying or not because I couldn't see her face. After a while of just standing there, I gave up and stomped back to my room.

"Natasha!" I heard Katrina call my name. I turned around to see that she was jogging up to me with something in her hands. When she caught up to me, she handed me whatever she was holding. I held it up and saw that it was a navy blue fake leather jumpsuit. I gave her a confused smile.

"I made this for you last night when I found out that you had nothing else to wear. It's specially designed for fighting, so you will be comfortable as you punch bandits in the face," she said with a smile, "I also made more casual clothes, and I packed them in a bag for you."

I stared at the gift with wide eyes. "Thank you so much, Kat! You have no idea how much I really needed something like this." I thanked her, and gave her a warm hug. She happily hugged back.

A moment passed, and she pulled away. "Kat?" she said with a confused expression on her face. I laughed a little.

"Yeah, the nickname I gave you. Do you mind if I call you that?" I asked. She smiled and quickly nodded.

"But only if I get to call you 'Nat'." she bargained. I thought about it for a few seconds, and nodded.

"Sure, Kat." I said.

"Okay, Nat." she replied.

We giggled like school girls as we walked down the hall.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"It's a little tight." I commented. I had put on the jumpsuit, and was looking at myself in a full length mirror in the room I was temporarily staying in. Katrina was standing beside me.

"It's supposed to be tight. Can you move easily in it?" she asked.

I did a few high kicks and back flips. For the last test, I did the splits. "Yeah. I can move pretty well in this." I answered. I was impressed at how well made this outfit was. Not to mention, I also looked gorgeous in it. The suit had a belt that I could fit guns and knives in. There was a gun currently attached to the left side of the belt.

"Good. Let's go show the others." Katrina said as she winked at me. I just rolled my eyes and followed her out my bedroom door.

Everyone was either in the kitchen or the living room. Amy and Silver were in the kitchen. They were gathering food for the journey. Sonic and Shadow were in the living room. They were glaring at each other.