Jason Finds Out His Cool New Powers

Jason ran as fast as he could away from the beast. He clutched Zoë and Luke's hand tightly, not wanting them to get hurt.

His father had trusted him to bring the twins home safely while he stayed behind to have one last final moment with his wife.

Jason blinked back tears as he thought about his mother. It seemed like millennia ago when his mother had given him the two rings which he wore on his middle fingers. Both of the silver rings had waves carved onto them.

𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦, 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

The last words of his mother echoed in his head.

Jason pulled Zoe and Luke into a tiny hole in the wall.

'Stay here,' he whispered, putting a finger to his lips.

Before they could even say anything, Jason was out of the hole and he turned to face the monster.

The beast was a black dog, except that it was the size of a truck. Its yellow and razor sharp teeth had slime dripping from it. Its blood red eyes gazed into Jason's green ones.

'Now would be an awesome time to help,' Jason thought.

No sooner the words were thought, two long blades appeared in Jason's hands. Each was nearly a meter long double sided blade. It glowed with green light and its power surged into Jason.

He held the two blades across his chest and immediately knew what to do. As the beast leapt over him, Jason raised his sword, and drove the blade through its abdomen. The beast howled in pain. It fell to the floor, whimpering in pain.

Jason strode over to it and held his swords over its neck.

"Stay away, beast," Jason scowled. He lowered his sword, and the beast exploded into golden powder.

________

"How did you do that?" Zoë asked, staring at awe at her older brother. Jason shrugged. He led them through the dark roads.

Jason, Luke and Zoë were now lost. Jason had walked into an alleyway and it was a dead end. Before they could turn around, they heard more growling noises.

Great. As if their day could get any worse.

They turned back to see nearly ten of those monsters. Jason cursed so badly, Zoë and Luke had to cover their ears.

The beasts strode towards them growling. Jason, Luke and Zoë walked backwards until their backs touched the damp alley wall.

Jason closed his eyes and prepared to die. Just then, the shadowvehind him turned ten times darker and colder.

"Hold on tight," a voice said, scaring Jason.

Jason and his siblings melted into the shadows and all went black.