𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 & 𝐃𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Rohit was attending a family function, expecting the usual fare of polite small talk and overindulgent relatives

Rohit was attending a family function, expecting the usual fare of polite small talk and overindulgent relatives. Little did he know, his destiny—and his family—had other plans. As soon as he stepped into the grand ancestral home, he was bombarded by enthusiastic relatives, and his parents, with uncharacteristic urgency, pulled him aside, which he found suspiciously odd.

And the reason for their excitement soon becomes clear: Rohit's late grandmother and Ritika's late grandmother had made a pact that their grandchildren would marry each other.

This was a detail conveniently left out of all family conversations until today. Unknown to Rohit and Ritika, this pact is now being enforced by both families. Getting married because of a promise made by his late grandma and his soon-to-be wife's late grandma was certainly not something he had ever anticipated. And it was safe to say, that it wasn't on his life's checklist at all.

Never in his wildest dreams did he imagine that he would end up getting married due to a promise made by his late grandmother. And to add to that, he was marrying a stranger — well, not entirely a stranger, he had briefly met Ritika twice during childhood, making her more like a half-stranger.

Similarly, Ritika, who has been dragged into another room by her own relatives and parents, was evidently facing the same ordeal. Caught off guard, Rohit was barely given a chance to process what was happening. His parents, aunts, and uncles surrounded him, emotionally blackmailing him with tales of his grandmother's dying wish. He was overwhelmed, and before he knew it, he found himself agreeing just to make them stop.

Meanwhile, across the house, Ritika was facing a similar ambush. Her relatives had cornered her, echoing the same sentiments. The pressure was immense, and like Rohit, she succumbed to it, albeit reluctantly. When they were finally brought together, Rohit discovered his soon-to-be wife was equally blindsided by her own family. He could see the same confusion, cluelessness, and resignation in Ritika's eyes.

As if both families had already anticipated Rohit's and Ritika's answers, they came prepared with marriage papers. The moment Rohit and Ritika agreed, their families promptly thrust the marriage papers before them. With marriage papers in front of them and the weight of their families' expectations and the legacy of their grandmothers, they left no room for second thoughts, and before they knew it, they were signing their lives away, sealing their unexpected union. It all happened so fast that Rohit and Ritika barely had a moment to process it.

Post-signing, they are finally left alone to process the whirlwind of events. Retreating to the quiet of the farmhouse, they have their first real conversation as husband and wife. And as Rohit looked at Ritika looked at each other, feeling a strange sense of comfort. Despite the chaos and the unexpected vows, there was something about both of them that made Rohit and Ritika believe that they could navigate this new chapter of their lives. And maybe, just maybe, this accidental marriage was the start of something beautiful.