01 : "When it happened"

When it happened, Kathryn Bernardo, teen queen and love team of Daniel Padilla was getting ready for a KFC shoot. They released new spicy 'extra hot' chicken, so of course, KFC decided to call one of their leading endorsers to publicize the newest item on the menu.

Kath was talking to the director about not changing the spicy chicken to normal chicken, so that her reaction when she bit on to it would be real. The director kept on insisting that he wants this commercial to be good, not real.

"Sir, I want this commercial to be amazing, not just good! How am I supposed to say the lines 'so real, so good, so hot' when really I'm being 'so fake, so bad, so normal'?" Kathryn argued putting on her puppy eyes to the director hoping that he would give in to her which he did.

During the take, the moment she bit in to the spicy chicken, she tasted the fire in her mouth. It was really 'extra hot and spicy' yet she chewed it and emphasized the sound of crunchiness and saying 'mmhhhhm' to the camera when her mom, Mommy Min came in the shoot. Kathryn, after more than ten years of being in show biz mastered the art of just focusing on the scene she was tasked to do even when her mom or anybody else was watching, but this time she was distracted.

Mommy Min's face portrayed hurt, worry, and dismay. Kathryn was confused and momentarily forgot about the scene because she was busy analyzing her mother that she almost didn't hear the director's loud voice yelling "CUT!".

Kathryn stood up, ignoring the director's words of "we should have used normal chicken, see?" and headed straight for her mother. She swallowed the last of the chicken, and wiped the left over crumbs from her face and wiped it on the towel handed to her.

"Ma, what's wrong?" Kathryn asked worriedly to her sad-looking mother.

"Anak, I just want to remind you that sometimes things aren't what they really seem. If you really love a person, you should listen to his side and explanation, okay?" Mommy Min ushered before hugging her daughter and rubbing her back soothingly.

"What are you talking about, Ma? You're being so emotional, is everything okay with you and papa?" Kathryn asked, hugging her mother back tightly hoping that her mother and father didn't have a big fight.

"No anak, there is just an issue that we need to discuss in your dressing room." Mommy Min whispered before letting go and speaking with the Director about excusing Kathryn and when he asked why, all Mommy Min had to do was whisper a few sentences that got the director nodding.

Kathryn didn't get much of what her mother whispered. She caught on to the words "DJ", "audio", and "Internet". Did DJ release a new song? Kathryn thought that it was a little bit bothersome that he didn't tell her first, but it's not that much of a big deal. She was confused on why her mother was being so emotional and frantic about this issue.

Maybe Daniel is going to surprise me? Kathryn thought excitedly, imagining him waiting for her at the dressing room she hurried not waiting for her mom.

When she entered, there was no Daniel surprise waiting for her. Instead, her laptop was opened to an audio clip and not knowing what to expect, she pressed play.

As Kathryn listened to the words from the audio clip, she felt herself curl up into a ball on the floor. She recognized his voice, it couldn't be edited or fake, after almost five years of being a love team, she can recognize his voice in her sleep.

Mommy Min opened the door slowly, hoping that her daughter waited for her before playing the audio clip but she realized that wasn't the case. She found her daughter curled up into a ball, crying as the final seconds of the clip played.

Kathryn looked up to her mom and before she could even speak, Mommy Min came to her and cradled her into her arms.

"It's okay, anak. I know it hurts. Just remember what I told you about listening to his side." Mommy Min reminded, wiping the tears from her daughter's face.

"It hurts, Ma."

and that was all Kathryn Bernardo said to her mother about how she felt.