Chapter 3

Ameena

Ameena

Watching the clock strike 6 pm Ameena quickly stood up powering off the iMac. She had drug herself into work the following morning after dealing with the nasty hangover she had.

After the party her, Kareem, Rue, and JaBari took more shots which lead them to spending a night over. Nothing transpired between Kareem and Ameena nor JaBari and Rue. Seeing how drunk they were Kareem let them sleep in the guest room.

Gathering her things she saw Sabrina sweeping the floors. She knew Sabrina was trying to thoroughly clean the shop which would take a few hours. Kareem had informed her that their reservations were at 8pm. She only had less than a hour to get ready.

"Brina I'm really feeling sick, can I just come in early and clean up good?". Ameena half lied rubbing her stomach to make it believable. "You've been talking about being sick since this morning—you good?". Ameena shrugged palming her forehead. "Think I ate something bad, feeling like ima puke at any moment".

Sabrina scrunched her face putting the broom down. "Well come on, don't need you throwing up in here. You need anything?".

"Just my bed". Sabrina laughed at her dramatic sister before grabbing her purse and keys. Ameena continued to watch the time as she locked up the building. "If you're not feeling good tomorrow I'll have one of the estheticians take your place". Ameena gave her a small smile hugging her as well.

"Thanks Brina".

"Yeah-yeah now move your sick ass off of me—I don't want whatever you got". Sabrina removed Ameena's arms making her kiss her teeth.

"Bye Sabrina, it's never that deep!". Exchanging I love yous Ameena watched as Sabrina got into her car before getting into her truck.

As soon as she got inside of her apartment she rushed to get ready, since her time was limited she did a light beat as far as her makeup go. Switching her middle part to a side part she swooped her edges still keeping track of time.

"So girl JaBari and I been texting since we left this morning. Girl I got him hooked and ain't did nothing!". Rue laughed on the FaceTime call as Ameena maneuvered throughout her closet. "I seen, I saw yall booed up too". Ameena grabbed her Alexander Wang pink crop top slipping it on carefully to not mess up her hair.

"Nah that was you and Kareem, ducking off and shit. We ain't gone talk about that dance. Bitch you did more than what you did in the car, literally cutting a fool!". Ameena bit her lip as she slid her metallic pants on button them up.

"That was the liquor, not me!". Putting on her pink open toe heels Ameena walked towards the camera doing a 360. "How I look?".