Chapter 24

Ameena Mercy General Hospital 12:15 a

Ameena
Mercy General Hospital
12:15 a.m

Nearly tripping over her feet as she ran inside of the emergency Ameena frantically approached the receptionist desk in hysterics. "I-I'm looking for my husband, he w-was killed tonight. His name is K-Kareem McIntosh", she struggled to get her words out as her father rubbed her shoulders.

The receptionist looked at Ameena in sorrow looking down at the computer monitor. "Um I don't see anything yet, if you wait over there we should have some information for you shortly". The receptionist pointed towards the waiting area. Ameena looked over seeing Tee with his head in his hands, she noticed blood over his clothes giving her a nauseous feeling.

"T-Tee what happened?!". She rushed over to him as he stood up towering over her. When she initially got the call she thought he was playing a sick joke on her, his piecing cry was enough to make her alert. Seeing the blood over his hands and clothes confirmed everything.

"S-sis he-he got into it with them niggas from the club and they killed him, they fucking killed him!". He wrapped his arms around Ameena as she sobbed loudly. She didn't want to believe what she was hearing, she didn't want to believe that Kareem was gone—he couldn't be.

"I'm so fucking sorry yall, I'm so fucking sorry". Tee cried with her rocking them back and forth. Anger boiled in Ameena, she started to push away Tee away as her cries got louder. "M-Meena it wasn't my fault sis. He was already gone from me, I got there too late".

Ameena clung onto Tee, she didn't know if it was because he was the last one who talked to Kareem or the fact that he had his blood over him.

"Family of Kareem McIntosh". Her ears perked at the mentioning of Kareem's name. Breaking the hug she walked over to the Nurse, "Hello, we have him situated in a room. You guys can follow me". Ameena immediately grabbed JaBari and Tyra's hands. She couldn't do this without them.

It felt like cement was in her shoes walking down the hall, Jabari tried to hold Ameena up the best of his abilities as she shook against him. Reaching the room her heart raced as the nurse opened the door. "I can't , I can't , I can't do itttt". Her sobs echoed through the hallway as she clutched her stomach.

"I cantttt". She yelled into JaBari's chest as he held her tight. "We got to sis, we got to". He kissed the top of her head his tears wetting her hair.

"I got you baby girl, come on I got you". Rodrick wrapped his arms around her waist gently rubbing her stomach. The pain in her chest got worse as she hugged onto JaBari. "You're not going to do this alone Meena, we're right here sis". JaBari held her face in his hands so she could look at him. "I'm scared". She audibly whispered not ready to see Kareem.