1. I will play hockey!

Notes:

Notes:

A little explanation of hockey positions.
Most of the times are six players on ice from one team. Usually three attackers (two wings and one center), two defense partners and a goalie.

If you want to know a bit more about hockey here's a little explanation:

https://www.owayo.com/magazine/rules-of-hockey-made-simple-us.htm

However I'm not an expert on hockey, or figure skating and might make mistakes or I will deliberately change the rules for them to fit the plot of the fic. Enjoy the story instead of focusing on these.

A playlist I made for this fic, which I will be filling out as I write:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5KRkld3cslwT1jsRMCfG6P?si=19cc1195e4af439c&nd=1&dlsi=d47983dcb5ad40b8

Chapter Text

A refreshing, chilly gust of air filled Asta's lungs as he walked out of the locker room and made his way onto the ice rink. His gloved hands were wrapped around a slightly chipped hockey stick, which he was holding like the most sacred treasure. After all it was one and on that day Asta was about to prove it to everyone. He approached the boards and awkwardly played with the slide, trying to get it open. He needed to squint his eyes a bit and flip his head, because his too big helmet was falling on to his nose.

Finally, when he managed to open the entrance to the rink he carefully stepped on to the ice. Normally he would do it much more confidently, but this time he had his new skates on. The whole orphanage was saving up every last cent, so that he and Yuno could get new pairs of skates. They felt a bit different. Asta's leg was not used to them and the blade was not chipped, so he was moving surprisingly smooth. So smooth that he has skated a bit too far away and wobbled. Thankfully he caught his balance. It would be embarrassing to fall, when he was trying out for a team.

"Oi Asta," he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Yuno!" He exclaimed at the dark haired boy with golden eyes, who contrary to Asta had jumped over the boards and landed gracefully on the smooth surface of the ice rink. He was holding a similar to Asta's chipped, wooden hockey stick and wore a weathered jersey. Overall both of their clothes looked like they were made up of scraps. Except for the skates. Those shone beautifully. "Are you ready to become a hockey player?" He asked as Yuno skated over.

"Ready," the boy answered shortly and a determined expression was visible through the bars of his helmet cage.

They worked hard to get into these tryouts. Both boys would spare every free moment of Clover's cold winters over the years trying to hone their hockey skills. Whenever the water would freeze they would grab their old skates, chipped hockey sticks, the little pucks they had and would practice through the whole day. Sister Lily would tell them to stop, but neither Asta nor Yuno would listen. They were determined to become hockey players.