chapter 14: run.

[written by Z_slash_Z]

"Hey, you alright?" Aqua asked with a slight look of concern.

"Yeah, I'm just tired," I replied.

"Shoot, I yawn pretty loudly myself. Look at this," Aqua said with a laughable attitude, yawning profusely.

I laughed; it's been a while since I've been able to do that, and I laughed hard.

"Yo Igby, me, Iris, and Mabel are going to the movies. You should ask your parents if you can tag along."

I stopped laughing but felt no irritation at his ignorance. He just made me laugh after a long time, so I said, "Of course, I can go out whenever. I don't need to check with them."

"Well, sure, but don't get me in trouble with that carelessness now," Aqua said, slightly sarcastic yet serious.

I assured Aqua I wouldn't and asked which theater we'd be going to and if he could give me a ride since I've been taking the bus to school. I can't drive yet- got my permit last week and need to complete 3 more hours. (Of course, in the UK, you can't actually drive until you're like, 18 years old, but this is another universe and so your world's logic doesn't fully apply around here.) I haven't been able to drive much since Damian is busy at work, though he's been nice enough to let me drive.

"We're going to the Acer-Traks Theater across the bridge next to the Asda. Just send me your address, and I'll come pick you up. Here's my phone number," Aqua said, showing me his phone with his contact information.

"Alright, I got it. I'll see you after school then!" I said.

"Igby, there's like 45 minutes of class left. You're going to have to wait a little longer to say that," Aqua said sarcastically, scoffing.

Oh... MY BADDDD.

"Hey, Igby, are you alright?" Ms. Davies asked, pausing the lesson as she turned to face me.

"Yeah, I'm alright, Ms. Davies! Sorry about that!"

"Okay, please pay attention." She said before resuming the lesson.

Iris turned to me and said, "Oh em GEE, DO YOU KNOW HAYMITCH!? He is soooooo fine..."

"Uh, who? No, I don't... Sorry, Iris."

"Iris, BE QUIET!" Ms. Davies yelled across the room.

"Yes, Ms. Davies," Iris said, somewhat sarcastically before muttering insolently under her breath.

Forty-five minutes passed, and the bell rang. I saw Mabel, the emo girl, scurry out of the class as if she were in a hurry. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't help but ask.

"Mabel, what's got you in such a hurry?" I asked, genuinely interested because she was moving quickly.

"Ohhhh, nothing... S-see you later, Igby," Mabel said, completely out of her emo, freaky character.

"What was that, Igby? YOU SLIGHT DOG!" Aqua said, slapping my back and whispering in a funny way.

"I haven't a clue what you're talking about," I said, slightly confused.

"Oh, you'll see," Aqua said with a mysterious grin.

I stopped to think about what he could've meant and couldn't see what he was hinting at. After all, I'm used to playing side characters and not being noticed. Was that what he was hinting at?