Chapter 18

Anna stares at the bathroom door as she waits for Travis to finish in the shower, her mind spinning in circles as she keeps hearing those three words that he told her repeat in her head: 'I love you.' She looks up as she hears the bathroom door open and feels heat rush to her cheeks. Her eyes fall on a shirtless Travis, who has a towel hung loose and low on his hips. Anna's eyes follow a water droplet as it slides down his well-defined, muscular chest, leaving a damp trail behind. She swallows, gulping as her eyes move back up his tanned skin, admiring how it glistened in the dim lighting of his room due to his moistened skin, until her eyes lock upon his. Her eyes were full of hunger and confusion at how this Greek god of a man could be meant for her.

Travis smirks as he watches her blush deepen as her cheeks become more flushed and redder by the moment. His eyes locked upon her face, watching her take him in, and in no rush to be done, it seemed. Once she finally locked eyes with him again, his smirk just grew as he walked over to her, slowly stopping just in front of her as he leaned down, brushing his lips ever so slightly against her ear and whispering, "My love, you seem flushed. Is everything okay?"

Anna shivers, trying to focus on breathing steadily as she inhales his intoxicating woodsy scent as she feels his lips brushing her ear, causing her to gasp softly as she tilts her head over, slightly brushing her face against his, before she moves her hands to his stomach, pressing her palms flat against his abs and running them up his toned torso. "Goddess, yes, everything is perfect. You are perfect." Without giving him so much as a warning, she slips her arms around his neck and pulls him down on top of her as she falls backwards on his bed, causing him to catch himself with his hands on either side of her head as she presses her lips to his neck, kissing him softly along his collarbone as her fingers find their way to intertwine with his hair.

"Oh... God... Anna... What are you doing to me....?" He gasps out, releasing a soft moan, trying to control his reactions to her as he struggles to lift his head and look down at her. His breathing comes faster than before as he feels himself growing excited by her touches and tries to shift so the towel does not completely expose him. He moves his weight onto one arm and uses his now free hand to gently push back against Anna, so she had to lay back on the bed and meet his gaze. "My love, are you sure this is what you are really wanting and needing right now?"

Anna leans forward and yanks him back down, sealing his lips with hers as she forcefully runs her tongue along his bottom lip, seeking entrance into his mouth and earning a throaty moan from him. She leaned forward against him, causing him to slowly rotate back, so he was laying back on the bed, and she was now straddling him with the towel lost to the floor. Her hands trailed up and down his abs and chest as she continued to kiss him before leaving a trail of wet, sloppy kisses down his chin to his neck.

Travis moans in pleasure as she latches onto his neck, nipping the spot where she would make her mark on him when they decided to take those steps. His hands find their way to her hips as he grips them securely, holding her tightly in place. He turns his eyes back to her through a lidded haze until he sees the look in Anna's eyes that is almost animalistic-looking and wild. She has also become a lot more flushed; looking even down her neck towards her chest, she is developing a reddish tint, and that is when a thought hits him like a ton of bricks smashing through a window. 'She is in heat.'

Anna moans as she grinds herself back and forth against his thick, hardened shaft, which she can feel pressing up against her. She nuzzled her head against his neck as she ran her hands over his shoulders, digging her nails into his back. "Travis, I need you, please." she whimpers as she moves to nibble on his ear as she continues to whimper.

Travis closes his eyes and takes a deep, shakey breath. He refuses to have this be the first time with his mate while she is so lost in her heat and not in control of her own words or actions. He opens his eyes, trying to focus on figuring out how to get out of this: one without upsetting her, and two, how to calm her heat down so she could realize what was going on. He reaches up and removes both of her hands from him, holding them in between them as he looks up at her. "Anna, stop this. You must calm down; you are not yourself right now."

Anna furrows her eyebrows as she tries to pull her hands free from his grasp. "Yes, I am, and I need your dick inside my vagina and now!" she demands in an angry retort to him as she grinds her hips against him, making his member jerk in reaction. "You cannot tell me you do not want him there; I can feel how much you do want it," and with that, she rolls her hips down against him again, causing Travis to moan as he closes his eyes, pressing his head back against the bed.

"Anna, please." He whispers, trying to control his breathing and focusing on what he needs to do. With his hands shaking, he forces himself into a sitting position as he pushes her completely off of him as he quickly moves from the bed and grabs a pair of his black basketball shorts that were laying on top of his dresser. Travis quickly puts them on to give him an additional layer of protection from Anna and her warmth that was radiating like a beckoning lighthouse calling him home from between her legs. "I need you to understand that you are going through something that in the werewolf community is called a heat cycle, and you are not going to be in control of your actions until it passes. I cannot take you for our first time during it because, for one, you would end up pregnant if we did, and for two, I want you to want it because it is what you truly desire and not because of anything else." Travis shakes his head as he looks at her, pleadingly having no clue as to the best way to handle or deal with this situation, as he has never heard of anyone experiencing a mate in heat before. Probably because most of the pack found their mates shortly after their first shift, and as a result, they tend to have already marked each other as well as consummated their relationship in all the intimate ways, so heat cycles tend to already be quenched by the time it would have reared its ugly head.

Anna whimpers as she sits on the bed, looking at him. Her eyes are primal and needy as she licks her lips, watching him like a lioness about to claim her pry. "No! I know what I want and what I need, and right now it is that magnificent piece of meat you just covered up! Now come over here and make this throbing stop." She demands as she shifts back and forth, rubbing her thighs together, attempting to get any smidge of relief she can find.

Travis looks at her sympathetically as an idea hits him, and he grins and looks at her as he slowly backs his way into his bathroom, maneuvers himself over towards the shower, and flips the handle all the way over to cold. He gives her a flirty smile and winks at her. "Fine, you win. Join me in the shower, so at least we will not ruin the bedding??"

"About time!! Now you are talking like you have some sense." She jumps up and quickly strips off her shirt, revealing to Travis that she had no bra on as her breasts fell into full view. She smirks as she sees a blush on his face for a change as she yanks her shorts down, stepping out of them, only leaving on her boy short, styled underwear.

Travis takes another deep, shakey breath, thinking if he survives this heat cycle, she better appreciate his willpower, because fucking hell she was killing him, and he has never turned down sex. Especially turned down someone as sexy as her who was practically begging him to take her and have his way with her. She was driving his wolf absolutely insane, and he was not sure how he managed to keep his calm during this. Travis quickly wraps his arms around her waist and backs them into the shower, not giving her a chance to run as the ice-cold water from the shower head pelts down upon the two of them, earning him an ear-splitting screech from her.