THE AVALANCHE || CHAPTER 13

After I finally convinced Raph to put me down, he finally did. He was very hesitant, though. Like I was made from antique china at some antique shop. The shop can maybe be called Second Time Around. I stayed the whole time between Leonardo and Raph. I knew they would keep me safe from any danger. April and Vern were also behind me. They tried to keep their pace with the turtle brothers.

We made it outside. Everything outside was covered in snow and frost. But I am not feeling cold at all. Raph then tipped his head back looking up as the helicopter flew over us. "Sacks is airborne!" The rest of us looked up and the helicopter flew out of our view. Toward New York City.

"Flight time to Manhattan, 19 minutes!" Donnie informed everyone, checking and rechecking his watch.

We all stood together and formed a circle to come up with some

s purple-clad brother. He hoped for some form of good news.

I also scanned around the area. I looked for something that would fit most of us. I wanted to help Donnie out a bit. My eyes fell onto a semi-truck. I waved toward Donnie and he gave me a confused look.

sort of escape plan and to get back to the city as soon as possible. I stood between Leonardo and Raph again. And I kept an eye out on our surroundings for any Foot Soldiers approaching."Get us out of here, Donnie!" Leonardo ordered it and looked at hi

"Hey Tello, will that maybe work?" I got Donnie's attention and I pointed towards the semi-truck. His nonexistent brows furrowed at the new nickname I had given him.

"Yeah, that will work. Thanks, Alley," Donnie said with a huge grin and a snort. Donnie pulled his goggles down to do a quick run-through scan of the semi-truck. He had to make sure the semi-truck was good enough and not in a damaged condition.

I jumped when Donnie let out a small shriek. His voice was unnaturally higher than usual. "Oh my gosh, they have guns!"

I gazed over at the situation and saw the Foot Soldiers rushing toward us. Their weapons were locked and loaded. Ready to fire. My eyes widened. "Oh, shit dudes. Look out!" I screeched as I covered my head with my arms and closed my eyes.

I felt a big hand grab me and pull me toward them. Another shout erupted through the air. "Guys, get down!" It sounded like Leonardo. I opened my eyes and looked up. I saw that it was Leonardo who grabbed me and pulled me in front of him. His shell faced towards the Foot Soldiers. The other turtles also covered April and Vern. I gasped and held a big breath. I waited again for the worst possible outcome. The gunshots started and I looked over and saw the bullets ricocheting off the turtles' carapaces.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I started to laugh excitedly and the turtles all looked down at me and had very confused and questioning stares.

"You dudes are fucking bulletproof!" I answered them with a huge grin spread across my face and gestured towards the fallen Foot Soldiers.

The turtles all looked back behind them and then grinned back at me as they also realized that they were bulletproof. "Sweet!" Leonardo exclaimed excitedly.

Leonardo looked over his shell and kept his eye on the semi-truck. He then turned back, looked at Vern and threw his thumb over his shoulder to the semi-truck. "Can you drive that truck?" Leonardo asked Vern, we waited for his reply.

Vern looked stunned and then he answered while he looked up at the blue-clad turtle. "Y-Yeah,"

Leonardo then shared a look with his brothers and they all nodded and said, "We're on Raph.". I glanced up at Raph and he looked down at me. He had his signature smirk on again and he gave me a wink. I could feel my ears starting to burn up. "Hell yeah," Raph answered with a deep rumble and he turned around very quickly and rushed toward one of the Foot Soldiers. He grabbed the Foot Soldier's gun and knocked it over the man's head. The man fell unconscious.