Chapter 3: Artemis

Riddled by both fervor and fury, I watched as he, Colton, drove off while I stood on the sidewalk, at a complete loss.

I've just been rejected. By a boy. No, a man. He walked away and left me behind without a trace of hesitation in his assured steps nor a lingering glance.

I've never wanted something and not gotten it. Sometimes, it may take awhile to get what I wanted, but I eventually did. It was all a matter of course for me to be obliged by everyone. Whether by their own submission or my undeniable rule over their will.

I was infuriated. Confused. Aroused.

I wanted that man. Both out of spite and genuine desire to have him. If he won't submit, then I'll just break him under my rule. Either way, I have already resolved that he would be mine from the moment I saw his eyes on me. He had simply caught me unprepared to claim him. I did not anticipate for such an existence to subsist. One who was both overflowing and consumed by so much greed, it was almost overwhelming to be the sole recipient of his avaricious gaze. I wished to claim every ounce of that greed with mine.

"As I live and breathe, Missy St. Clair has finally known loss."

I looked behind me, glaring at Romeo as he leaned against the door of the pub. We'd gone to the same high school and were now neighbors at Greek Row, with their fraternity just down the street from our sorority. He's been my on-and-off fuck buddy since 10th grade who I often enlisted for a good fuck whenever I was in-between boyfriends. I'd called him earlier to come pick us up and he only abandoned his chosen hook-up for the night when I informed him of my breakup with Wyatt. I was overdue an orgasm that was not self-inflicted and Romeo has always been a reliable partner in bed.

Now, I was more frustrated than ever. Aggression that did not compare to what I felt on the court during overwhelming rallies was making my blood surge. I was barely keeping it contained. I intended on unleashing it on the culprit, but the bastard had run away. I may be aching for a hard fuck, but not to the point that I'd chase a man down the street for it.

Romeo will do. For now.

"Kiss me," I ordered.

He grinned, bringing the cigarette he was holding between his fingers to his lips and taking two deep drags before flicking it aside. I was frustrated and drunk enough to disregard that filthy habit of his.

He pushed off the door and closed the distance between us, blowing out the smoke in a long stream. I grabbed onto the front of his shirt and he brought his hands to either side of my head, crashing our lips together. As we met each other's tongue halfway, the taste of nicotine filled my mouth. It was bitter and disgusting, but I needed to relieve myself of this aggression that man, Colton, had provoked the moment he came to exist to me.

I thrust my tongue completely into his mouth, kissing him harder. Romeo chuckled inwardly before wrapping his arms around me, leading me away from the door and pressing me up against the wall. He slid his hands along my body, grasping my breasts and kneading them in his palms before carrying on a path to under the skirt of my dress. His fingers squeezed at my ass before going between my legs. When he pressed against the slick wetness on my underwear with roughness that only made me ache for more, he and I let out groans.

"Shit, pretty," Romeo whispered breathlessly, pushing my underwear aside and stroking his fingers along my slit. "Is this for me or that guy?"

"Shut up," I snapped, dragging his lips back to mine. "You should grow a beard. And a few inches taller."

"You fucking bitch," he said with a laugh.

He bit at my bottom lip and I reciprocated by biting his upper lip. We met again in a harsh kiss, hands groping at each other.