Chapter 28: Colton

Sunday dinners with the St. Clairs at their family estate was a longheld tradition that I was very grateful to have been made to participate. I was even able to hold a conversation with Zeus now while breathing, as long as I didn't look at him too long. Artemis had taught me to separate his identity as my hero Zeus St. Clair the God of the Gridiron and my girlfriend's father Saint, as Alisya called him. It helped keep me from going out of my mind every time I was in his mighty presence.

"I only get one championship per season while you throw yourself at virtually every tournament in your sport," Ares was saying as we were enjoying coffee after dinner. "Even Polly just uses his priority to get out of joint training. You're going last until you win a championship that actually matters."

"That's not fucking fair, man!" Atlas argued, slapping his tennis racquet against his thigh. "It's not my fault your sport doesn't have a fucking tour. Besides, this is my last tournament for the month. The next isn't for another three weeks. How am I supposed to put in hours on the court in the meantime?"

"My God! You're turning into a freak like Missy! Be a fucking teenager and go to a party or something!"

"I've been! It's fucking boring and kids are dumb as fuck!"

"You're a kid, freak!"

"And that makes my training less important than yours?"

"No, but I'm not gonna devote more time training in your sport than mine. It's flat out unjustified that you get to have priority for every championship you play in."

"Fine! Then let's roll for it!"

"Like hell! You've been receiving priority for weeks!"

"Da! Ruling!" Atlas called out, looking towards Zeus who was snoring as he slept on a daybed. "Daddy! Wake up or I'll break your spine!"

Zeus groaned, shifting to lay on his side and burying his face against Alisya's thigh as she sat next to him. Atlas went and smacked his back, right on his spine.

"Sin, our babies are bullies," he whined while Atlas kept smacking him all over. "It's your fault. Deal with it."

"They're your athletes before they're my babies," Alisya replied, her attention on the screen of her laptop. "You did that."

"I just mentored them. You raised them."

"And when they have personal issues, I will deal with it. This is your jurisdiction."

"I wanna retire."

"And I wanted to die a spinster, yet here I am, trapped in a marriage with a fool and raising four clones of him."

"You're the fool who married me twice."

"Shall I file the divorce papers then? You can't beg on national TV this time."

"You're such a bully, my love."

"Will you both quit flirting and give a ruling already?!" Atlas snapped, pulling at Zeus' sweater.

Zeus let out another groan as he sat up. "House rules are Mama's jurisdiction."

Alisya rolled her eyes and sighed. "For the love of God, just roll the dice."

"This is so unfair!" Ares protested.

"Thank you, Mama," Atlas said, kissing her cheek.

Artemis kicked him in the back. "You're almost as bad of a Mama's boy as Colt, you know that?"

"House rule is absolute," he retorted.

He reached over her while she sat on my lap and slapped me in the arm. I rolled my eyes, already used to being their punching bag. I'd rather be, than let them put their gigantic hands on Artemis' precious body.