I Kissed A Girl

Max's POV:

Max woke up with a groan as the events from last night came flooding back to her. Well, more like one event in particular. Her and Abby's kiss. And also how good Abby looked in Max's clothes. Speaking of.

"Good morning." Abby grunted, still in Max's clothes. A baggy sweatshirt swallowed Abby's petite frame up, making her look even smaller than she already was, and she just looked plain adorable.

"Good morning." Max smiled at her friend.

"What time is it?" Abby pulled out her phone as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes with a yawn and all Max could think was how pretty she looked, despite her disheveled state. Max thought she had never seen a more beautiful girl in her life as she stared at Abby's ruffled hair and tired eyes. God, she had it bad.

Max leaned over and peeped at Abby's phone screen, which not only displayed the time as 8:17, but also showed a barrage of notifications from Press, of all people. She suddenly got a strong wave of deja vu, and felt a little bit sick. It couldn't be, Abby could not be sleeping with Press.

"What's Press doing spamming you?" Max questioned.

At this, Abby's face blanched. "Oh, he um, he just had some questions about the math homework." It sounded like a lie (probably because it was a lie, but Max didn't know that) but Max chose to believe it, cause it was simply too early for a repeat of last year's events, and she needed to hold on to a little bit of her sanity after last night's events.

"Okay, well do you wanna head to Blue Farm for some breakfast?" Max asked, hope apparent in her voice.

"Can't. My mom's picking me up in a bit, remember?"

Oh right. Max had almost repressed that memory of her mom interrupting what might've been the best kiss of her life, therefore forgetting that crucial piece of information.

"Maybe we can get lunch, then?"

"Max, we just spent all day together, maybe I don't want to spend every second of my life with you. God, you're so clingy." Abby lashed out, completely unwarranted.

It hurt, cause Max thought maybe she did want to spend every second of her life with Abby, but it could never be, Abby would never feel the same for her.

Max didn't say anything in response to Abby's biting remark, simply marinating in her negative thoughts.

"I'm sorry, that came out way harsher than I intended. I just meant, I need some time alone. To think." Abby had a remorseful frown on her face, and Max could tell she meant it.

"Oh yeah? What are you going to think about?" Max wiggled her eyebrows at her, the ice was now broken.

"About how I kissed a girl and I liked it, and now that damn Katy Perry song is stuck in my head." Abby admitted.

"Did it taste like cherry chapstick?" Max joked.

"More like skittles. I guess I tasted the rainbow when I kissed you." Abby giggled. Soon enough Max was laughing too, and then they were cackling hysterically. She knew it wouldn't be awkward for too long with Abby. Maybe everything wasn't ruined after all.