Tu Agle Janam Mil Sake Dobara

It was a late evening in Bangalore. Ishan sat on the balcony of his apartment, staring at the sunset, his mind lost in a whirlpool of emotions. The city lights started twinkling, but they couldn't light up the darkness in his heart. He held his phone tightly, debating whether to call Shubman. He missed him, missed their laughter, their shared moments, and the silent understanding that they had something special—something beyond mere friendship.

In the distance, the phone buzzed. It was Shubman. Taking a deep breath, Ishan answered.

"Hey, Shubi," he said, his voice soft and filled with a longing he couldn't hide.

"Hey, Ishu," Shubman replied from the other side of the world. He was in the USA, and the distance between them felt more than just physical. It was emotional, palpable, a chasm they couldn’t cross.

Ishan’s heart ached hearing Shubman’s voice. He could hear the subtle tension, the restraint. "How are things there?"

"They’re okay," Shubman said, but his tone betrayed him. "Just...busy with stuff."

There was a silence, heavy and telling. Ishan knew that “stuff” included Sara, and the public appearances, the photos, and the posts. Shubman had been distancing himself publicly, and it hurt. It hurt deeply.

"I saw your post " Ishan said, trying to sound casual but failing. "You looked happy."

Shubman hesitated. "Yeah...I guess. It's complicated."

Complicated. The word stung. Ishan looked down at the city below, feeling a tear escape. "Why, Shubi? Why are you doing this?"

"Ishu, you know why," Shubman’s voice cracked. "We can't...not like this. The world, our careers, everything is at stake."

Ishan felt a lump in his throat. He wanted to scream, to tell Shubman how much he loved him, how much it hurt to be apart, to see him with someone else. "But it doesn't have to be like this. We could find a way..."

"I wish it were that simple, Ishu," Shubman interrupted, his voice filled with pain. "I wish we could be together without all the complications, without the world judging us. But we can't. Not in this life."

Ishan closed his eyes, letting the tears flow freely. "Tu agle janam mil sake dobara mujhe," he whispered, the words of the song expressing his deepest wish. "Maybe in another life, Shubi, we can be together."

Shubman’s silence on the other end was deafening. He too was crying, miles away. "I love you, Ishu. More than anything. But this...this isn't our time."

The reality hit hard. They couldn't be together, not now, not in this life. Their love, as pure and deep as it was, had no place in the world they lived in. The pressures, the expectations, and the judgments were too much to bear.

"I'll always love you, Shubi," Ishan said, his voice breaking. "Always."

"I'll love you too, Ishu. Forever," Shubman replied, his own voice choked with emotion. "Goodbye, my love."

With that, the call ended, leaving Ishan alone with his tears and his broken heart. He knew Shubman felt the same pain, the same heartbreak. But they both understood—sometimes, love wasn't enough. Sometimes, the world wasn't ready for their kind of love.

As he sat there, the song playing softly in the background, Ishan realized that their love would always remain a beautiful yet painful memory. A love that could only exist in whispers and dreams, a love destined to be unfulfilled in this lifetime.

Tu agle janam mil sake dobara mujhe...The lyrics echoed in his mind, a wish for another lifetime where they could be together without fear, without judgment. Until then, they would have to live with the pain of what could have been.

---

Dear Ishman Fans,

As I conclude this Ishman one-shot, I want to share a few heartfelt words. Like you, I am a fan of both Ishan and Shubman individually and through this story, I've tried to capture the depth of their bond and the poignant reality of their unspoken love.

Writing this has been a journey filled with emotion, reflecting the pain and beauty of a love that is both profound and forbidden. Their story is a reminder that sometimes, the greatest love stories are the ones that can't be fulfilled in this lifetime, but they leave an indelible mark on our hearts.

I know many of you, like me, feel deeply for Ishman and the love they share. It is a love that transcends boundaries, one that exists in the quiet moments, in the longing glances, and in the silent understanding between them. While we may not see their love blossom openly, it remains a powerful testament to the bond they share.

In closing, I want to thank you all for joining me on this emotional journey. Let's continue to cherish and support Ishan and Shubman, celebrating their friendship and the love we know they have for each other, even if it's one that must remain hidden. May we find solace in knowing that their hearts are intertwined, and perhaps in another life, they will find the happiness they deserve.

With love and gratitude