21-The Wild Joker

ANNA

Thelymitra crinita or Sun Orchids, was the name of the blue flowers looking at me with bright blue flowers that bloom from the early morning until the afternoon. The same flower I was gifted from the queen. I spent two hours searching for the flower because Jake's words haunted me. I had spent two torturous hours researching their needs, driven by the sting of Jake's derision. They demanded precise care—water, light, temperature—all had to be meticulously balanced. If this orchid were a woman, she would be a headstrong, high-maintenance queen, requiring endless attention and delicate handling. Unlike other plants, these sinister blooms needed exact conditions to survive, why I do feel like I'm trapped in this?

I just had a meeting with Jay, Inna, and Spade—our mafia strategist—about the grand opening of the new casino in London, my castle of cards. The massive unveiling is in two days, and I need to ensure every final detail in the casino is perfect.

After giving my bike a thorough wash, I donned my half balaclava and rode to Soho, the location where I could oversee smuggling operations, including drugs and arms, utilizing the port facilities for trafficking. I owe Terry my gratitude for his cooperation. I know he's been keeping an eye on me, but I am introducing my Bratva business into his territory, so he has the right to. We are allies; he owes me. Terry and his brother control England, and it was Terry who suggested I take this casino, not in the East End or The Docklands, but here, where the real deals are made. Gentlemen and fake politicians frequent this area, giving me the perfect opportunity to expand my dominance over protection rackets, street-level drug distribution, and illegal gambling dens.

Once I parked, I nodded at the Russian guards standing outside the massive doors. They stood like sentinels, their stern expressions and imposing figures a testament to our formidable presence. Each guard wore a dark suit, with subtle hints of our Bratva allegiance, and their vigilant eyes scanned the surroundings, ensuring our operations remained secure.

The doors themselves were a masterpiece—towering and adorned. As I stepped inside, the transformation of the casino was evident. The Lobby and Reception area satisfied me, with dim lighting casting dramatic shadows on plush velvet curtains and polished marble floors. A sleek mahogany reception desk stood against one wall.

Moving further in, I arrived at the gaming floor, the heart of the casino. The roulette tables gleamed with gold accents, their wheels spinning silently, a promise of fortune to the eager gamblers. Slot machines, both antique and meticulously maintained, beckoned with their flashing lights and enticing sounds. The entire scene was a blend of elegance and allure, a perfect setting for the empire we were building.

"Welcome, Ace." One of the guards nodded as he opened the door to one of the backrooms, a sanctuary reserved for elite gentlemen. This was the baccarat room, where the real action unfolded—bets placed here could buy entire islands. The blackjack dens featured green-felted tables, where cunning card counters faced off against the house, the tension palpable in the air.

"This is the Poker Room, Ace," another guard informed me. I could hardly wait to see rival mob bosses sizing each other up and hosting clandestine tournaments in this very space.

"Ace," I heard Keith's voice behind me. I nodded in acknowledgment, waiting for him to continue. "The Vault is ready, and our guards are already securing the stacks of cash."

"And the surveillance cameras?" I asked quietly.

"All ensured in your office, Ace," Keith replied. I made sure to keep the surveillance cameras in my office because it will be my and Luth's responsibility for any data breaches and the overall security of the casino. Luth was named Five, our Tech Card for handling the gang's technological needs and cyber operations. "Good. Staff recruitment?" I inquired.