The Regret

"It seems so distant, yet so close"

Those were my first words when I woke up in my dream. I were in a deep slumber, yet awake. It's a feeling you get when you're having a dream. I looked it... the mirror and realised something was wrong. I shouldn't be here.

Well first of all, let me tell you what happened.

It all began that day...
'
'
'
Flashbacks
'
'
'
"Don't turn the lights on...," I cried like a baby.

It was as if my consciousness had been hijacked. My body just cried on its own. My vision was obscured by some slimy thing. I don't know what it was, but it was disturbingly familiar.

Fortunately, I regained my consciousness in just few minutes. I couldn't see anything that clearly but, I saw a women crying with all her heart. Her eyes looked at me in a very dear and loving nature, who longed to see her child.

I felt bad for her. I wanted to ask her what's wrong, but I couldn't able to talk. I stared at her without knowing what is going on.

While I'm trying to make sense of everything. I heard a baby crying, I didn't see one anywhere near me. While furiously searching for the baby, I passed out.

And...I woke up, I was sweating harder than I did ever. I've been scared by the fact that I felt and remembered every second of it. It shook me to the core. I were just a little 9 years old boy at that time, so I couldn't take that much vividness.

I started thinking,"is this a result of me practicing dream control?!" Panic surged through me. I had been experimenting with my dreams, a skill I thought would bring me some time to be separated from the worldly rush but now, the lines between control and chaos were blurred. I stopped practicing immediately. It is better to have normal dreams rather than losing them all together. 

I hoped, that dream would never come again. I don't want to spend my nights in a dream like that. I like my dreams a lot, so I'm not taking any risks.

And when I thought I was safe, the dream came again the very next day.

*Sigh* "What's this time", I asked with a resignation.

I thought it's going to be the same dream, but I couldn't be anymore wrong. The lady who had cried desperately the another day, was now holding me in the air like I was a toy with a bright smile. When I saw her smile, I couldn't help but smile back at her.

I noticed a baby on her lap and I thought that must be her baby.

"Why am I here, is this really a dream?,"I asked myself.

A man came in with a fruit basket and hugged her. They talked in a different language yet I understood them without any problem. Both of them seemed like they are the happiest people in the world. They talked about naming two babies. I wondered,"didn't she had only one baby",

then a sudden thought struck me,

"Wait, was I the second baby?!"

________That's all for today_______

If you read my story, thank you very much. It means a lot to me. Thank you for your time(and English is my second language, so feel free to correct me).