Chapter 2

Hey Bella, hru, been looking to talk to you and it's just 11 while I'm typing but as far as I can predict, I'm gonna be missing talking to you because you're sooooo much fun to talk to anddd you're kind like an angel, no, actually you're an angel hehe. So as I had promised I did write this for you in the way you wanted, you know the other day you said, "Where the bad boy comes and fake date but it turns real", I thought you'd like it and... here we are. You're that one friend I always wanted, who'd listen to me, whom I could share things with and who's kind hearted and never mean, so this is the least I can do for you. Trust me you deserve even better than Shawn Mendes. I liked typing it and it felt good because I knew it will atleast bring a smile on your face.

In the quiet, picturesque town of Ranchi, Jharkhand, life was simple and predictable. The sun rose over lush green hills, painting the sky with hues of orange and pink, while the townspeople went about their daily routines with a sense of contentment. Among them was Priyanka, a bright and kind-hearted young woman known for her intellect and gentle nature. She spent her days attending university and her evenings tutoring children in the local community center. Priyanka’s world was orderly and serene, until one fateful day when a storm blew into town in the form of a charismatic and rebellious stranger named Shawn Mendes.

Shawn was the quintessential bad boy, complete with a motorcycle, leather jacket, and an air of defiance. He had recently moved to Ranchi from Toronto, a city worlds apart from the tranquil life Priyanka knew. The moment Shawn set foot in the university, he became the talk of the town. Girls were drawn to his enigmatic charm, and boys envied his effortless cool. But Shawn had little interest in making friends; he was there for a reason that he kept to himself, a secret that shrouded his every move in mystery.

One afternoon, as Priyanka sat in the university library, engrossed in her books, she noticed Shawn watching her from across the room. His intense gaze made her uneasy, but she quickly dismissed it as a figment of her imagination. Little did she know, her quiet world was about to be turned upside down.

The next day, as Priyanka walked home from her classes, Shawn approached her on his motorcycle. “Hey,” he called out, his voice smooth and confident. “You’re Priyanka, right?”

Startled, Priyanka nodded. “Yes, I am. And you’re Shawn?”

He flashed a devilish grin. “That’s right. Mind if I walk you home?”

Priyanka hesitated. She had heard the rumors about Shawn and his bad-boy antics. But something in his eyes, a flicker of vulnerability, intrigued her. “Sure,” she replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

As they walked, Shawn peppered her with questions, his interest in her genuine and disarming. Priyanka found herself relaxing in his presence, surprised by his wit and charm. He was different from anyone she had ever met, and despite her better judgment, she felt drawn to him.

Over the next few weeks, Shawn made it a habit to seek Priyanka out. He would show up at the library, join her for lunch, and even wait for her after her tutoring sessions. At first, Priyanka was wary of his attention, but as she got to know him, she saw glimpses of the real Shawn beneath the tough exterior. He was fiercely intelligent, passionate about music, and, much to her surprise, protective of those he cared about.

One evening, as they sat by the lake, Shawn turned to Priyanka, his expression serious. “Priyanka, there’s something I need to tell you. This whole thing between us—it started as a dare. Some guys at the university thought it would be funny if I could get you to fall for me. But it’s not a game anymore. I…I’m in love with you.”

Priyanka’s heart skipped a beat. She felt a mix of anger and confusion. “A dare? So all of this was just a joke to you?”

“No,” Shawn said urgently, grabbing her hands. “It was, but then I got to know you. You’re the most amazing person I’ve ever met, Priyanka. I’m falling for you, and it’s real.”

Tears filled Priyanka’s eyes as she pulled her hands away. “How can I trust you, Shawn? How do I know this isn’t just another part of your game?”

Shawn’s eyes softened, filled with a raw honesty that took her breath away. “Because I’ve never felt this way before. I’ve never cared about anyone like I care about you. Please, give me a chance to prove it.”

Over the next few days, Shawn’s actions spoke louder than words. He became an unwavering presence in Priyanka’s life, defending her from the taunts of their peers who had learned of the dare. He showed up at her house with flowers, helped her with her studies, and even got involved in her community projects. Slowly, Priyanka’s anger melted away, replaced by a burgeoning love that she couldn’t deny.

Shawn’s obsession with Priyanka grew, but it was an obsession laced with a fierce protectiveness. He shadowed her steps, always ensuring she was safe. One night, as Priyanka walked home from the community center, a group of rowdy boys surrounded her, their intentions clear and menacing. Before Priyanka could react, Shawn appeared, his eyes blazing with fury. He swiftly dealt with the boys, his strength and determination undeniable. As he held Priyanka close, his breath ragged, he whispered, “I’ll never let anyone hurt you, Priyanka. You mean everything to me.”

Their relationship deepened, blossoming into a love that neither of them had expected. Shawn’s rough edges softened, revealing a man capable of immense tenderness and care. Priyanka’s initial wariness gave way to trust, her heart opening to the possibility of a future with Shawn.

One evening, as they lay under the stars, Shawn turned to Priyanka, his eyes reflecting the twinkling lights above. “Priyanka, you’ve changed my life in ways I never thought possible. You’ve shown me what it means to love and be loved. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?”

Tears of joy streamed down Priyanka’s face as she nodded. “Yes, Shawn. Yes, I will.”

Their wedding was a celebration of their improbable love story, attended by friends and family who had witnessed their journey. Shawn and Priyanka’s life together was filled with passion, laughter, and an unbreakable bond that defied the odds. Shawn remained fiercely protective of Priyanka, his love for her growing stronger with each passing day.

Years later, as they watched their children play in the garden of their home in Ranchi, Shawn wrapped his arms around Priyanka, kissing her forehead. “You’re my everything, Priyanka. Thank you for believing in me.”

Priyanka smiled, resting her head on his chest. “I don't have any words left (reference to our chat lmao) but shawn I love you more than my words  can define it. ”

Their love story was one for the ages, a tale of redemption, passion, and an unyielding bond that proved that even the most unlikely of beginnings could lead to the happiest of endings.

You're even cute in the story fr😭😭🤗