Chapter 8

A/N - sorry this is so short but i really wanted to write this and get it out asap because this would be the cutest moment ever

TW: slight ed mention

Carly's POV

"Hey, Reece!" I walk into his office, noticing the little smirk on his face. "Come on, spill," I try and coax the reason out of him. His smirk doesn't fade like it normally would. "I might have asked Marjorie to move in with me," he's grinning like a child now. "And she said yes I'm guessing?" I know she would never say no to this, but it's always better to ask. He doesn't even talk back to me, I can tell he's been holding back his excitement. If I didn't know him better, I'd think he was about to start running and jumping around the room.

After the blonde calms himself a little, he turns back to me, "Anything happening with you?" I shake my head, "Not really, just same old same old. Definitely feeling better after last week though." I can tell just how excited Reece is by just the fact he's actually eaten his lunch today. I have noticed him struggle recently with everything going on with him but for the first time in weeks, he's eaten it all. I smile at him, reassuringly.

"Carly, I need your opinions on something," the man turns to me again. I hum, questioning him. He beckons me over and turns his phone around. My mouth drops wide open. It's beautiful, it's perfect. "Reece! A ring! It's perfect for her, I can't believe my work parents are going to get married!" I almost shout I'm so excited. Reece puts his finger on his lips, telling me to quieten down a bit. "Calm down Carly, I haven't even bought the ring yet! And you better not go round telling everyone." I roll my eyes back at him, "So what, she's gonna say yes anyways, and don't worry, my lips are sealed." He's smirking again, he deserves this. Both he and Marjorie deserve everything and more. Everything they've both done for me and for so many others in the nurseries, they deserve their turn for happiness. I open my arms, pulling the man into a tight hug. "You really do deserve this Reece, you both do."