Chapter 1

Neuvillette was sitting across from Furina, still remembering their conversation when Furina had asked permission to perform at Opera Epiclese.

Neuvillette was taking a break from the backbreaking and tear-jerking thing known as paperwork when Furina had approached him.

"Looks like I was right, Aether! There he is," he heard the joyful voice of Furina.

"Lady Furina," he said turning to them with a smile.

"I knew you'd be here," she said as she and the traveller approached him.

"I was here for a short break. It has been a while Miss Furina. And you too traveller. However, I do not see your floating companion with you. I must say, that is quite a rare sight."

"Oh you know her, whenever food is involved, she never misses the opportunity. She's with the troupe. Oh right, Neuvillette, may I ask you a favour?" said Furina excitedly, though adding the last part in a slightly curt tone, while Traveller just nodded with a smile.

"Of course Lady Furina."

"Well, first of all, please drop the lady, part, I am not the Archon anymore. Also, I would like to book the Opera Epiclese for an event. You see..." She went on to explain the whole scenario that led to it, as Neuvillette patiently listened to it with a smile.

"I see. Uhm, well, the process for booking the Opera Epiclese can be complex and somewhat cumbersome... seeing that the request is coming from you too, I do not wish to make it unduly difficult. The story of the 'Little Oceanid' is quite fascinating, and I am looking forward to watching it being performed on stage..." he said to them, before turning to Furina.

"I will say, however, that I am surprised to see your passion for performing rekindled after everything that happened," he said making her smile proudly.

"Of course. After all, I have to give it my all since my witness is watching," she said with a grin, looking at Traveller who blushed slightly.

"This is the first time I've seen you like this from your departure from deityhood," Neuvillette said, his tone warmer than usual.

"Heh, of course. You wouldn't expect Furina de Fontaine to be moping around forever, would you?" she said in an over-the-top tone, similar to her time as an Archon, before she and Aether burst into laughter, and even Neuvillette chuckled.

"But seriously, working on this performance helped a lot. I'm very excited about it you know." She then turned to Aether and said " Plus it's kinda hard to be sad around the Legendary Traveller you know," with a teasing smile.

"With that, I'll wholeheartedly agree, Lad- Miss Furina," Neuvillette said in an amused and slightly smug tone, further teasing Traveller, who just blushed.

"S-stop it you both," he said, looking away, as Neuvillette, with his heightened senses noticed his pulse quickening.

He looked at Furina and Aether with a smile as Furina continued to tease him.

'This is a new side of both Traveller and Lady Furina I saw today. Is this what humans call love?'

Back to the present, a few hours ago, Furina had approached the receptionist at his office, asking to meet Neuvillette.

"Um, hello, can I meet Neuvillette?" she asked the Melusine at the desk who said "I'm sorry, Iudex Neuvillette asked to not be disturbed, since he is busy with paperwork," before she looked at her and her eyes widened.