1

Moving in the neighborhood

Life has always been weird and unfair, or at least that's what a little seventeen-year-old redhead thought. Every day was the same for her. That same loneliness she constantly felt had now become a habit she no longer really paid attention to. Lying in a starfish position on her bed, she stared boredly at her ceiling, not knowing at all what to do with her day. That's when she heard a noise outside, which was strange since nothing ever happened in the neighborhood. She sighed before getting up and going to inspect what was happening through her window. Such was her surprise to see two large moving trucks parked in front of the neighboring house.

“New neighbors?”

She wondered before walking out of her room and down the stairs to take a closer look. No one has ever lived in this house since she was eight years old so this sudden change tickled her curiosity. 
On the other hand, a family was inside the house. A man, a woman and their eighteen year old son. The latter was not really happy with the move and he made it clear to his parents. 

“Don’t be difficult, darling. You’ll see, you’ll like it here.”

His mother told him as she hugged his father. The boy sighed as he looked away from his parents.

“Well, I'm going to supervise the others outside."

His dad, Tom said before going out, leaving his wife and son behind.
The mother, Amanda, turned to face her son.

“Let’s go look at the rooms so you can choose yours.”

She said enthusiastically.  Her son just nodded before following her upstairs. They visited the first room. It was big and the walls were white. It must have been the master bedroom, therefore that of the parents. They then visited the second whose walls were mint green. The boy remained indifferent to this room. He hated this color. 

"I see you don't like it. It doesn’t matter, let’s see the last one.”

They then headed towards the last one which was at the end of the corridor, quite far from all the other rooms. They then entered the room and the teenager was still indifferent. The walls of the room were light gray, which helped things a little since he liked that color. 

"So? Do you like it?"

He was going to respond negatively until his gaze landed on the window. He could see inside one of the bedrooms of the house next door. A girl was there and she was putting on her bra. A small smile appeared at the corner of the young man's lips and he responded to his mother. 

"Yeah. I like it a lot."

"Sweet ! Everything is already well laid out. All that's left is our personal belongings. Once you collect them, you can decorate your room however you want."

He just nodded again and his mother then leftthe room, shutting the door behind her. He then turned towards the window and approached it to better observe the room in front of him. The girl was still there and she was trying to tie her hair.

°••°••°••°••°••°

I was tying my hair when I turned to face my window. A weirdass guy was standing there, looking at me. Is he my new neighbor? If that's so, then that's fucking unfortunate. His piercing green eyes are still looking at me. Our houses are separated only by a fence so I can clearly see his features. He has black hair and light skin color.
I look at him dryly as he mischievously smile at me before turning his back and leaving the room.