2

"I would invite you inside but the house is a bit messy and all."

Amanda justified.

"Oh it's okay, we understand."

Mother replied.

"I have an idea. Why don't we organize a dinner tomorrow night in order to get to know each other? It would also be a great opportunity for the kids to bond."

Tom suggested and all the adults agreed.
Nooooooo, am I really going to have to spend a whole evening with this...guy? Someone end my suffering already.

"It's a brilliant idea, really. I can't wait to become closer with Damon and Emma."

Shut your mouth Liam.

"Well, we'll see you tomorrow evening then."

"Yes, see you tomorrow evening!"

Then we returned home. As usual, nothing interesting happened. We had dinner then I went back to my room. I then laid down on my bed and started looking at my ceiling. It was at this exact moment that I received a call. Looking at the name displayed on my screen, I could see that it was my best friend Audrey. So I picked up.

"Hello ?"

"Hello bestie! How are you doing ?"

I sighed.

"It could get better."

I told her.

"What do you mean ?"

I started pacing while telling her.

"We have new neighbors and they have a son around our age."

"Ooooooo. Is he attractive ? Do you like him ?"

"Hell no ! He's a demon !"

"How can you be so sure about that ?"

I told her what happened earlier.

"Really ?! He was just looking at you ?!"

She gasped.

"Maybe he likes you !"

"I'm sorry to say that but you're wrong. The guy looks at me like he wants to kill me or something."

I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe it's his way to show you that he's interested in you."

"Not a chance."

"You never know. Maybe he's shy."

"I doubt it."

My gaze drifted to my window once again and there he was, looking at me. So I gave him a middle finger, signaling that he could go fuck himself before closing the curtains. Oh boy, he's gonna kill me.

"Emma ? Are you still there ?"

"Yeah. I was just taking care of something."