Chapter 19 - Date

-- #3RDPERSON

"You seem very nervous." Will spoke as he looked over at Mike who seemed to be absolutely shitting himself.

The two were currently walking to a restaurant not too far away from their campus, Mike very silent as they walked.

"I'm not nervous." Mike scoffed.

"Really?" Will looked up at him with a disbelieving look on his face.

"Yes! I'm not nervous! Why would I be nervous?" Mike scoffed, "I've been on like, a million dates. I'm not nervous anymore." Mike scoffed.

"Wow, that makes you sound great." Will scoffed, a stupid smirk now on his face.

"Wh- Okay, you set me up there." Mike scowled, Will laughing softly.

"Are you nervous because we're holding hands in public?" Will asked, Mike looking down at him with a slight guilty expression.

"It's okay, we don't have to." Will gave him a small, sad smile, gently disconnecting their hands.

"No, no no I want to." Mike frowned as he felt that Will had let go of his hand, "It's just- I've never gone on a date with a boy before." Mike sighed as he gently reconnected their hands.

"What's so bad about that?" Will asked.

"Nothing." Mike shrugged, "I just- I don't know what it feels like to go on a date with a boy. It's making me nervous." He shrugged.

"Do you wanna go back home? We don't have to go out if you don't want to." Will asked, now a little bit quieter then before.

"No, I wanna be out here with you." Mike sighed, "I'm sorry, I'm bad with words. I don't know what I'm trying to say." He murmured.

"It's okay." Will smiled.

They continued to talk as they walked down to the restaurant, finally reaching the restaurant after another five minutes of walking. They both sat down and ordered a few drinks, Mike now weirdly silent.

". . .Are you okay? Like, actually?" Will asked as he looked up at Mike.

Mike was sat with his hands in his lap and his leg bouncing nervously, a small frown on his face as he sat down.

"I'm okay." Mike nodded, though he didn't sound very sure.

"Mike, I can see that you're not. What's wrong?" Will frowned, genuinely worried for Mike.

"I don't know. . . I've never been this nervous on a date before, I don't know what's going on with me. I'm sorry." Mike murmured.

"It's okay. . . If you want we can just have these drinks and go somewhere else. We don't have to do something fancy for a date you know." Will offered.

"Can we have these drinks then go?" Mike asked, Will laughing and nodding.

"Yeah. All you had to do was ask, you know." Will chuckled.

"I know. . . I just didn't want you to think that I didn't wanna be here or something." Mike smiled nervously, a small blush forming on his cheeks as he got a bit embarrassed.

"You can be honest with me, it's okay." Will smiled.

Mike smiled at him and just looked back down at his lap, feeling slightly guilty that they were leaving.

"Do you wanna go to like. . . I don't know, um, a park or something? It'll be quiet." Mike suggested, Will looking up at him, a small frown on his face as he stayed silent for a moment. "I mean- We don't- We don't have to do that if you don't want to. . . I just-" Mike stammered.