A double battle.

{Demon Hunting}

"With my new blood."

"We'll rise the ranks and overcome all who oppose us."

"Me and You."

"You and I."

"So for now, we'll bow down for the time being."

"And we won't disappoint our master."

"Right Mari?"

"Yeah, Shi."

Mari and Shi bow down to an unknown demon.

THE HUNTER WITH CHANGE.

REBIRTH.

Book one: Shadows.

A DOUBLE BATTLE.

March 17th

Tamayo and Yushiro emerge from some of the wreckage from the house. "We need to assist them somehow." Tamayo says. "Not until I can see again!" Haruto and Sumire run in opposite directions heading to their opponent. "A pesky demon slayer... Come at me!" Shi says. "Some little girl? How cute." Mari says as Sumire runs for her. 

Sumire's eyes change shape into the shape of a demon's eye. Her nails extend and become a dark purple as her teeth pop out into fangs. Sumire rushes to the demon and tries to scratch her face, but her hand phases through Mari. 

"You can't solve my simple mirage?" She says condescendingly while laughing, she holds her hand out, creating multiple oval shaped blasts with tails extending from them. They fly out towards Sumire, blasing Sumire back as she slowly heals from the openings in her body the blast created. "A demon? You're healing and didn't seem like a demon at first."

"I will behead you! Right here, right now." Haruto says to Shi. "Big words for an insect like you." Shi replies, he creates a web of electricity and sends it straight for Haruto, he throws more webs which fling through the sky. 

Haruto dodges most of them until the last one comes straight for him, without a chance to dodge Haruto swiftly swings his sword straight down, slicing the web in half. Shi jumps up as he connects a web of electricity from his hand to the roof, while he goes towards the roof of the house he sends more webs to Haruto. 

Haruto swiftly evades the webs as he jumps up on the roof. "He's open, this is a good chance!" Haruto thinks as he rushes for Shi. Shi holds his hands up as Haruto tries to slash him, creating a powerful 'barrier' of electricity, blocking the strike. Haruto is blown back as Shi launches more webs, as Haruto dodges he inches more towards the edge of the roof. Shi fires a web for Haruto's feet which he dodges by jumping, not realizing that he just jumped off the roof. 

Shi takes advantage of Haruto in the air and swings a giant web of electricity to Haurto's side. "This is tricky! If I hold my sword to the side and rotate as fast as I can I might be able to live through this. I don't think I'll die as long as I rotate but I could get badly hurt. Let's just hope..."

From below, Tamayo comes out of the house. "Haruto!" She throws a small vial with a blade to Haruto. Haruto throws the vial which stabs Shi's right eye, the electricity weakens as Haruto rotates, cutting the web and managing to get away with just a scratch on his left arm. 

"Thank you Tamayo! Please help Sumire!" Haruto shouts. "It's lady Tamayo to you!" Yushiro shouts back. Haruto swiftly gets back up to the roof as he grabs the vial. Shi jumps back in pain. Haruto grips his blade and inhales as he prepares a technique.