3

"Ms. Arceta, you're the class president sa block n'yo, right? Follow me, please."

It felt like a bucket of cold water was dumped on my entire system when Ms. Lopez, our professor in Architectural Interior Design, said that! Plus, who wouldn't be nervous? Ms. Lopez is one of our strictest professors. Even Nads gave me a confused glance since she had no idea what was happening. Paano pa ako, 'di ba? Five minutes ago, I was just sitting there, minding my own business — sketching and writing, and suddenly, I was called to follow her. I can even hear the rest of the class mumbling something and I'm sure it's about me. Ang obvious kaya nila.

I didn't do something wrong, ha!

I quickly gathered my things on my desk, trying to take deep breaths to calm myself down. I am nervous as hell! Baka may nagawa akong mali tapos hindi ko lang pala alam. O kaya, may na-miss akong requirements? Or... baka naman ay she didn't like the last design that I made?!

"No need to feel nervous, Ms. Arceta. You didn't do anything wrong," Ms. Lopez broke the silence as we walked down the hallway. "May gusto lang akong sabihin sa 'yo."

"Miss Lopez, I have a question for you lang po. Did you perhaps..." I took a deep breath. "Not like my designs po ba?"

Ms. Lopez stopped on her trail, causing me to stop too. We're few steps away from her office when she slowly turned to look at me with those... with those big and brown eyes of hers that any moment, it could eat me alive!

"Ah... I'm sorry po —" My words were cut off when I heard her softly chuckling.

She can laugh?!

Sa ilang taon ko na naglilingkod at nag aaral sa sa paaralang ito, I never heard her laugh!

She put her hand on my shoulder and patted it gently. "Anak Arceta, your designs are phenomenal! Even the professors from our other departments love it! Kaya 'wag kang mag-alala dahil hindi kita pinapunta rito para pagalitan."

It was as if the fish bone on my throat got removed when I heard her say that! "Really po?"

Slowly, she nodded. Her hands sliding down into my wrist, pulling me behind until we enter her office. My eyes widened when I saw her office! Paano, sa sobrang strict niya sa class ay akala ko ay black and gray lang ang kulay na alam niya. To my suprise, her office room is covered with pink! From pink walls, ceilings, carpet,cand even her things!

She has this soft side that we never get to see, huh...

"You can sit there, anak." She pointed to the white chair in front of her desk. Iyon lang ang na-iiba ang kulay! "Kukunin ko lang 'yung mga papeles."