one.

ACT I: I've got thin skin and bad luck.

The 'thing' happened on a random Thursday.

Chanelle feels each word come in and out of her ears as she listens to Ling Ling—the History club president—tells her about all the possible benefits she can give to the school's History club if she participates in the upcoming contest.

But the thing is, Chanelle didn't care enough about History to join a club where all they will do is quoting what those dead men once said 100 years ago.

"So?" Ling Ling blinks at her and smiles as she waits patiently for Chanelle to give her answers. "Are you interested?"

Chanelle gulps and forces a smile. You're so cutie potatoie right now, but do I look like I'm interested? is what she intended to say, but that might come off as mean. Being called the next Regina George is the least thing she wants for now.

"Ling Ling, you see..." She begins, but stops when she sees a familiar face with his half-moon eyes, thick eyebrows, and slightly upturned nose walking in their direction carrying a couple of books in his hands.

Chanelle remembers him, of course, for the countless amount of times her classmates—the whole school, even—have been talking about him.

And then suddenly, an idea comes to her mind.

It'll probably be stupid, but if it's her only hope to escape from a situation she didn't want to be in any longer, then perhaps it isn't that bad.

The only problem is that there's so many students in this hallway right now, walking to their respective classes.

So she smiles, muttering to Ling Ling, "Excuse me, my boyfriend is waiting for me." And then walks as fast as she could to him, completely ignoring the girl when she calls for Chanelle.

"Baby! Where have you been?!" Chanelle beams, even her own words sound stupid to her.

She couldn't wait to jump off a cliff after this.

The guy in front of her looks confused, but mostly terrified when Chanelle tiptoed to give him a quick peck on the lips. He didn't say a word. That made Chanelle sigh in relief.

At least this guy doesn't throw a whole tantrum in front of everyone here or else that would've ended Chanelle in a second.

If anything, he's still looking down at her when she scoops her arms around his and turns around to Ling Ling who's now looking at the two of them with her jaw dropped in shock.

Even some of the students freeze in their place, some stumble down the stairs and some drop their books to the floor in shock. It wasn't dramatic, but it was kind of dramatic.

And in a second, whispers start fluttering around them.

"Talk again later, Ling Ling," Chanelle smiles at her again, voice thundering all across the hallway.

And in a split second, Chanelle grabs the guy away from the scene she caused herself. Even the whole time they're walking to wherever it is their legs took them, he's still quiet.

After Chanelle can confirm they're now far away from the crowded hallway, she pulls him into an empty room.

Which also happens to be a janitor's closet.

"Shit," she curses faintly as the guy closes the door behind them.

When she turns around, he's leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. His lips curling inwards, brows pulled closer together. He looks pissed. Because of course he would.