CHAPTER 14 - I WANT TO KISS YOU

Jo hai, jitna hai, tumse hai,
Kaafi hai.

NOOR

I shouldn't have shouted on him. Ammi taught me before my marriage that I have to respect my husband. She told me to obey my husband's every command like a good wife and never talk back to him.

And right now, I didn't only talk back to his wish of sleeping outside but also shouted on him.

I looked down and murmured " Aap so jayein bahar, hum so jayenge yahan"

I didn't want to sleep alone. At my home as well, I used to sleep with my Ammi and her presence had some magic that I used to fall asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow. I used to hug her and then sleep.

Here, I found that magic in him. That day, I fall asleep as soon as I lie down.

But I think he doesn't want to sleep with me, maybe, because he doesn't like me.

Well, Noor, you know that he doesn't like you.

But he kissed me, twice. And we kiss someone only when we like them.

Why he is so confusing?

I saw him going towards the door and I thought he was going to sleep outside but then he just closed the door and turned to look at me.

I immediately looked down and fidgeted with my fingers.

Will he scold me now for shouting on him or will he punish me like he used to do in college for not obeying him.

If he punished me, I......I will complain to dadi and she will scold hi...........

Nooo! I sighed.

I can't see anyone scolding him. I don't like it when someone talk badly to him or shouts at him.

Guess, I have to take the punishment.

" Itna darti ho mujhse ki meri taraf dekh bhi nahi rahi"

[ Are you that much scared of me taht you aren't even looking at me]

I looked up and saw him standing in front of me with a serious look on his face. He is angry.

I nodded timidly and said " Maaf kar dein, hume aise nahi baat karni chahiye thi aapse"

[ Forgive me, I shouldn't have talk like this]

After a pause he asked " Kyun?"

[ Why]

I frowned and looked at him " Aap shouhar hain humare, hum aise nahi baat kar sakte aapse. Ammi ne samjhaya tha hume"

[ You are my husband, I can't talk like this to you. My mother told me]

" And a husband can shout on his wife, hnn" he asked abruptly.

" Yes, because wives have to obey their husbands, no matter what"

" Galat bataya hai tumhari Ammi ne Noor" he said abruptly and gritted his teeth.

[ Your mother told you the wrong thing]

Why he is saying like that about my Ammi. My Ammi can never be wrong.

" My Ammi is always right, don't question her values please" I told him politely.

He sighed and took my hand in his and made me sit on the bed and sat beside me.

His hands are so......big.