CHAPTER 10 - LOVE IS NOT EASY

Mohabbat toh door ki baat hai meri jaan.

Koi mere jaisa intezaar bhi kare na, toh bata dena.

ARJUN

"Ask her to get up fast Arjun" told my father and continued " And this is not the way" he said looking at us.

Why, what's the problem?

I am her husband, and she can sleep with me.

But I refrain myself from saying that because I don't want any debate early in the morning.

Pushing my thoughts away, I tried to get up but suddenly I felt back because of her hold on my hand.

For a second I just looked at everyone and then focused on my sleeping beauty. But I have to wake her up.

"Noor, get up" I lightly tap on her shoulder, but she just whined in her sleep.

Seeing this, my mother came forward in anger to wake her up when I said stopping her.

"Bebe, main utha raha hoon na"

[ Mother, I am waking her]

" Then ask her to wake up fast, women are not allowed to sleep this late"

Saying this she and my father left from there in anger.

Meanwhile my brother has a mischievous smile on his face and my sister and Arun's wife were hiding their smile.

Ignoring them, I again tried and said " Noor, uth jao, subah ho gyi hai"

[ Noor, wake up. Its morning]

I shook her a little, but she held my hand which was on her shoulder and hiding it in her chest and said

"Ammi sone dein na, itni achi neend aari h, raat mein bhi theek se nahi so paye hum"

[ Mother, let me sleep. I couldn't sleep at night as well]

Her words and my hand on her chest made my cheeks flushed.

What? Did I just blush?

Fuck, get a grip Arjun. You are thirty-two.

I quickly pulled my hand which was touching her chest and looked at my siblings who were continuously looking at us and hiding their laughs.

This time I stood from the cot and said looking at them " Kya?"

[ What]

Roshni just shook her head and Arun said " Vaise bhaiyya, raat mein Noori theek se so kyun nahi payi"

[ Brother, why couldn't Noori sleep at night]

I just glared at him, and he said quickly " Sorry bhaiyya" and then left from there.

I looked at my sister and sister-in-law and they also left from there mumbling something to each other.

I looked back at Noor and rubbing my palms over my face, I sighed and murmured " Chal Arjun lag jaa biwi ki seva mein"

[ Get ready Arjun in your wife's service]

I looked around again to ensure that there was no one in the verandah.

I bend down and picked Noor in my arms in bridal style, and she didn't even stir in her sleep and keeping her face on my chest slept again making herself comfortable.