chapter 4 [THE KITTEN]

TIME SKIP -

Han Jisung POV -

Changbin, Jeongin and I were sitting in the living room watching a scary episode of Scary Sally (just think of it as a fictional scary series which is super popular) as we were bored. Jeongin was holding onto me for dear life as if the ghost would just jump out of the screen and haunt him while Changbin drifted off to asleep making up an excuse that he is just 'resting his eyes'. Yeah sure Changbin. Suddenly a voice screeching scream was heard from the kitchen. Innie who was already so scared was now on top of me. Suddenly a tall guy walks in the room with his phone in his hand.

"Jeez Seungmin why so loud" Changbin rolls his eyes as he continued doing whatever he was doing on his phone.

(Firestone is also a fictional fighting game. Please bear with me for the sake of the novel 😭)

"I lost from a five year old kid in Firestone!!"

"Seungmin hyung just lost from a kid hehe"

"Wait you play Firestone?" I say hoping to get his attention. What I did not notice was that he was standing behind me,his hand held out.

"Kim Seungmin, rank 33" [by the ranks, they are referring to the game btw] he says giving me a wide grin. I couldn't help but coo at his face. It was very.............puppy like.

"Han Jisung, rank 29"I shake his hand.

"So you play Firestone?" He asks

"Yeah, I love playing Firestone"

"Will you play with me sometime?"

"Sure but I'm really good at it so it's gonna difficult to be able to keep up with me." I give him a teasing smile cause why not?

Suddenly I hear the door opening and closing.

"Ah shit Minho's back" Seungmin says rolling his eyes.

"Damn yeah I'm" I hear Minho's voice come from the kitchen. Changbin wakes up and goes into the kitchen.

"Wierd" I say "I thought he was sleeping"

"Oh no, he was resting his eyes" Seungmin clarifies my doubt.

"Wait really? I thought he was making up random excuses"

"Well he doesn't make excuses. I thought he was lying at first as well when I was new" Innie who was out of his trance says.

Lee Minho POV -

As I came back from my previous mission. I heard Seungmin say. "Ah shit Minho's back"

"Damn yeah I'm" I roll my eyes. I'll make sure to give him extra missions this week.

I go to the kitchen to get some water when I hear Changbin.

"Hey Minho"

"Hmm" I hum in response

"You know we need to go to the charity event right?"

"Jeez do we have to? I hate such events" ever since I was a child, I never believed in charity events. We can't help all the people of the world anyways. Even if I used up all my wealth to help people, it would not affect the population at all. There are just too many of these filthy creatures in this world.

"Minho you did not attend it last year as well. What if the mafia industry starts doubting your power? You are the most dangerous mafia in whole of Seoul. Everyone wants to compete with you and beat you to everything. Do you know that Gemini donated 4 billion dollars last year?"

"Ugh fiiiinnneeee I'll go, just stop with your bullshit. I'm tired"

"Did the mission go well? You should've taken me along with you"