21 Burglary

'Lee Minho, you're arrested for setting on fire the East High building'

Minho didn't drop his act for a moment.

'You'll have to wait to see me dance I guess' He smiled at the audience.

Everyone was silent. Someone like him was never being arrested.

Jisung made eye contact with him. He saw that for a moment. The pure fear.

Two policemen dragged Minho out of the room. Jisung also left, not telling the others. He headed to the Dragons base. A bag full of money should be enough to get him out.

'Jisung! I thought you have some kind of exam today' he met Sana on the way to his father's room.

'I did and I passed'

'Congratulations!'

'Is my father in his office?'

'No, he's in an urgent meeting. He might even leave for a few weeks if that deal goes well'

'Oh' they both knew it was a secret and she shouldn't tell him such a thing 'Thanks. I appreciate it'

She smiled kindly and walked in the other direction.

Jisung walked to his father's office doors. There wasn't a code like in most of the doors these days. His father didn't trust technology, he had a traditional door lock. No one had a key apart from him. Jisung also wouldn't, but it was the last thing that his mother left him. He was too young to remember anything. But he had one fading memory of hands giving him a box and raspy crying voice saying goodbye.

His father didn't change that key for sure. He installed it when he was a normal gangster, not a boss of the mafia. Now he couldn't trust anyone. Even the people who would create or install him a new door lock.

'Use it only when it's unnecessary' The letter inside of the box said. He was 14 when he opened the box. Before it he was scared. On his 14th birthday, his father forced him to kill. It was his first time killing a human. He was feeling bad for months after. The day it happened he decided to open it. He was still a child forced to grow up. He hoped he would get better after reading his mother's last words. Maybe he hoped they'd be nice and heartwarming. But all he got to was 

Use it with its unnecessary.

It was that occasion.

He put the key inside of the locker and turned it. The doors were open. He started thinking. 

Bigger sums were in the money safe. But Minho's fine shouldn't be that big. Wherekeepkept other money?

Jisung sat at his father's armchair. The place which was close and always available was... the drawer.

'Of course, he has money for bribing here'

He took it. There will be consequences, he knew it. But if Minho's father figured out that he was arrested it would be worse. It was wortthe h risk.

He put everything in its place and locked the door. Hrunsun to the police station.

'Good morning. I'm here to pick up Lee Minho'Thee man looked at him with mixed emotions. He was shocked and amused. But after Jisung showed the money his facial expression changed 'His interview ended a few minutes ago. He's in his cell'

The policeman talked with a few others and they opened the bars.

'You're lucky young Snake' one of them said.

Jisung took Minho's hand and they walked out of the police station. Jisung breathed out the air he held in his lungs and Minho smiled again.

'What's so funny?'