3 | 𝒊𝒗𝒚 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆: 𝐅𝐢𝐱 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

...🫀...

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊

𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟕

𝐒𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐍

I sat behind my desk, the weight of the morning pressing down on me.

Flipping through files, I let the monotony of paperwork ground me, each page a distraction from the chaos brewing in my mind. The office in the mansion was my sanctuary, a place where I could control the environment, even if I couldn't control the people in my life.

The door creaked open, and Nate strolled in, his uniform impeccable as always. "We're going to be late," he said, leaning against the doorframe.

"No, we won't," I replied, not looking up from the file.

"What are you doing?" he asked, stepping closer.

"Looking into something," I muttered.

Nate leaned over my desk, his curiosity piqued. His eyes widened slightly as he saw Violet Gray's school file, including her picture, transcripts, and schedule, laid out in front of me.

He shook his head and sat down across from me. "You are deeply disturbed."

A smirk tugged at my lips. "I know."

"So, this girl shoved an eclair into your face. She's a nobody. What's the deal?" Nate asked, clearly baffled.

I set the file down on the desk, my mind racing with thoughts I couldn't quite articulate. 

Before I could answer, Isabella stormed in, her expression a mix of frustration and amusement.

"He's psychotic," she declared, her short skirt earning a frown from me.

"I like her, Sebastian. So, could you try not to run her off?" Isabella continued, crossing her arms.

I didn't answer, instead getting up and moving around my desk. 

Nate took that as his cue to leave. "I'll just wait in the car," he said, grabbing his bag and heading for the door.

"I'm serious, Sebastian," Isabella insisted, her voice softer now that we were alone.

I walked over to her, trying to keep my emotions in check. "I'm not taking any chances, Bella. Not like last time."

Her face paled at the memory. "She's not Elizabeth."

I flinched at the name. "Don't."

"She's not going to pretend to fall in love with my brother, then break his heart, then blackmail our family," Isabella said, her voice shaking slightly.