||Chapter Three: Leaving||

Hyugo jumped happily, grabbing both your and Sol's hands tightly as he ran excitedly out of the classroom. You glanced at Sol who only looked back at you with a dull look in his ember eyes. You were sure he was used to this.

You readjusted the hold on your bag when you reached the edge of the courtyard, Hyugo still dragging you both. Once He let go, Sol slid to stand by your side. You glanced at him with the same confused look as before. 

"Is this it..?" You asked hesitantly after a moment of silence. Hyugo grabbed your hand again, but after receiving Sol's death glare, he quickly dropped it.  

"Nope! Well, it would be... If me and Sol hadn't made a little way out~." He winked at both you and Sol. Hyugo skipped towards a fluffy-looking bush and spread the leaves with his arms. Sol glanced at you. He reached for you, but pulled back quickly, cursing at himself under his breath. You smiled at him pitifully, offering your own hand to him. He takes it with a pleased smile and a pink tint to his cheeks. Your smile grew brighter, causing Sol to look away. You both bring your attention back to Hyugo, who is nowhere in sight. For the third time, you look at Sol, confused.

He looks back at you and guides you gently by the hand towards the bush. You hardly notice your surroundings; all you can think about is how Sol's hand feels in your own. Large, warm, rough, but also soft somehow. Sol sticks his hand out In front of your chest, stopping you from walking further. You hadn't noticed you almost walked directly into the bush. 

Sol's tall figure awkwardly crouches down to copy Hyugo, spreading the bush, revealing a decent sized hole in the fence. Sol lets go of your hand, letting his fingers glide across your own. You instantly missed the warmth. He crawled through the hole clumsily, you snickered at the sight. Earning you a quick hiss and a 'Shut up' from Sol. 

Once he was through, you crouched down to peer through the hole as well, only to be met with a pair of amber-y eyes. Sol smiles guiltily at you, face still flushed pink. He extended his hand to help you through, and you took it quicker than you realized. desperate for him back, even if it had only been a moment of separation. You waddled through the bush, holding Sol's hand, trying to doge branches and thorns.

Once you're out the other side, you stand up, shaking out your arms. Sol step closer to you, taking the side of your arm in one hand and using the other to carefully pick leaves out of your hair. He spent a few minutes making sure you were clean, silently. Though after a while it just felt like he was petting you. He stroked your head softly, it felt like nothing else mattered. Just you, and Sol. You listened to his breathing, calm, steady. Though his face didn't reflect the same, it matched the fiery red of his eyes. Your hands wondered to his waist, plucking a small stick from his shirt. He shuddered at the touch. You saw Hyugo peek out from around Sol, looking sly. his expression quickly changed to one of confusion. 

"Sol, there aren't more leaves-" Sol cleared his throat, quickly spinning around to face Hyugo. 

"Lets go." He said quickly.