2.

Aus GP 2024 Race Day

The past two days went smoothly, with qualifying occurring as predicted. With Max on pole, the top three was occupied by the Red Bulls and Carlos. With the race starting, I sat in the commentator's box overlooking the circuit. I wouldn't be saying anything on air but Alex did say he might ask me a question about something if I see something that he doesn't.

Earlier on the grid, I got to see how everything was prepared and it was a surreal experience to see that many people get involved. But now as the race began, I got out my notepad and pen and sat at the bench on the edge of the box to see over the start finish line.

Lights out and away we go!

~~~

What a chaotic grand prix to begin my career with. Max? DNF. Lewis? DNF. George? DNF. On the last lap. But they weren't my concern. My concern was interviewing the point scorers. So after Carlos, Charles and Lando pulled up to the podium boards, I made my way down to the media pen.

The first person I had to interview was Yuki.

"Hi Yuki! Great drive for your first points of the season for you and also the team. What are you feeling right now?" I ask when he approaches the mic.

"I feel great. The car felt great and I was able to kind of manage the tires well. You know, six points is a lot of us at the moment, when the field is so so close, so yea, good day." Yuki looked so happy and I couldn't help but smile.

"Your teammate was just out of the points today, finishing in 12th. What do you think gave you that little more to not only get into the points but move into 7th?" he looked down and thought about the question before replying.

"I don't know. I think I've been driving well in all the races so far, so I think it was just the car and I working well today. Hopefully this continues into the season." He finished with a grin. I thank him and wait for Oscar, who finished just under the podium.

~~~

After I finished 7 interviews I stood there in the pen watching the end of the podium celebration, waiting for them to come into the pen before going to the press conference. Lawrence left as he interviewed all his drivers already. When I saw the podium finishers make their way into the pen, I got my pen and notepad ready as I was speaking to Charles.

Lando's POV

Hopping off the podium, I felt happy with the results. McLaren have a good enough car to be on podium and we should be here more consistently. I help Carlos down the stairs and walk with him and Charles to the media pen. Our press officers point us towards our first interviews and I see Charles go to F1TV first. Carlos went to Sky but I was waiting for Charles to be done for it to be my turn. I see a girl there in the direction Charles was walking and do a double take. Who is that? Where is Lawrence? I walk closer and stand behind Charles trying to act like I wasn't curious. I hear Charles say Hi to her. Amelia. How does he know her name and I don't? Harry taps my arm and tells me Carlos is done with his interview so I can just go there. But throughout the interview, I could only think about the F1TV girl. Amelia. So when, I finished my Sky interview, and Carlos has taken the place of Charles, getting interviewed by F1TV, I take the opportunity to ask Harry about her.

"Harry, mate, who is that girl? I thought Lawrence does the post-race interviews."

He turns back to me and replies with a glance in her way. "Her name's Amelia. She's a new hire. Apparently, F1TV was really impressed by her."

"Huh." I say and continue staring at before realizing I should stop. But 2 minutes later, I hear Carlos say bye and I make my way towards Amelia.

"Hiya Lando! Great drive today! First podium of the season and first of many this season I presume with how you drive today! What's the feeling right now?" I tried really hard to pay attention to the question rather than the faint freckles on her nose, but I looked away and looked her in the eyes before replying.

"Yea, car felt good. I felt comfortable and confident in the car. Of course, I think I could've gotten P2 but P3 is still a good result for us considering the last two races." I smile at her before she blinks and looks down at her notepad. I glance down with her and see messy handwriting in blue pen and doodles along the margins. I smile wider seeing the absolute shit drawing of a cow. I glance back up when she looks up.

"Talk to me about the pit stop and undercut by Charles. What could you have done to not have the same results?" I look down and try to not make it obvious I was looking at her hands and the rings on her fingers.

"Pit earlier. That's it really. I should've pit even one lap earlier." By the time i look back up, I see her looking at my hair and she smiles before nodding.

"Okay, one last question. Carlos got his appendix removed and won the next race. Are you removing yours to get that first win?" She teasingly smiles while asking the question. Gosh, I wish the camera was on her right now. I laugh a little because what a funny and unserious question.

"Yea, he told me too. I might have to research what I can get rid of. I take out anything I don't need." She laughs at my reply and I can't help but smile wider. Her laugh was so sweet sounding and I don't want to leave but I have to. So, she says bye and thanks me for the interview before turning around and walking in the direction of the center of the paddock where they were doing the post-race show and Harry ushers me back to the motorhome so I can quickly make the press conference. After using the rest room and changing hats, I walk out and head back to the pen. Passing the post-race show, I see Amelia laughing with Lawrence behind the camera crew. as I walk by I hear a little part of their conversation.

"I mean, think about it. Singapore? Carlos win, Lando podium, and George out in the last lap. Today? Carlos win, Lando podium, and George out in the last lap! Oh! And Japan is the next grand prix. What a coincidence, huh?" Lawrence laughs with her and I smile to myself as I walk to the press conference. I guess that is an interesting coincidence.

The press conference is long but all I can think of is the girl newly in the paddock, and she's already taken up a lot of my attention.

Amelia's POV

After I got back to my hotel I packed my bags because I was leaving the next day. After a shower, I laid in bed and opened twitter. I scrolled until I found a video of my interview with Lando. I wanted to see how people thought I did interviewing so I went into the comments.

"If lando looked at me like that, I'd pass out."

"What was in the air today? He looked especially endearing in that interview LOL"

"The appendix question??? that took me out PLEASE"

I clicked back on the video. What look? The entire time he is smiling and making eye contact. Oh. Lando, towards the middle of the interview, looks up after listening to the question and gave me the softest smile and stared directly in my eyes. I didn't realize it at the time because I was trying to not mess up but his smile was so sweet. Even after watching more videos of the interviews and I go to sleep, I kept thinking of a certain brunette's smile.

:)))))))))))

a/n lando povvvv

writing from lando's pov is so fun I might have to do it more ;)

very he falls first, he falls harder story

anyway about the spanish gp. lando did so well, even though he was frustrated. He will iron out his mistakes and be on the top step soonnn. and max did great too, refreshing to see him win with a fight.