Trapped In My Own Heart

PROLOGUE

           Going to a new school was something I had always considered being a good thing. Granted, this was the first time I had ever switched schools in my life, but I was still certain this was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I had to leave all my friends behind and start a whole new life, but I was determined I was going to make new ones. Sometimes having a unique appearance can throw some peoples judgments to an all-time high and can make you feel like no one can ever accept you for who you are. I had bright red hair and extremely visible freckles dotting my entire body, green eyes that would change to blue with different colors of clothing, and was extremely un-proportioned. This was me, and I stuck out like red paint on a white wall. Short and pale, I walked confidently through the doors to my new school, hoping to have someone greet me as I walked down the hallway, but that wasn’t the case. Everyone stopped in their tracks and their attention was immediately diverted to me. All conversations had ceased, and I was now the new topic of interest. People seemed disgusted at me, at my appearance, and all I had done so far was taken a couple of steps down the hallway.