Fragile little thing

First chapter,

Sun blaring through the window, Sun beams falling down through the glass, specks of dust floating in the air, calm and peaceful was the world in Edens head. She drags her feet through the old creaky wood of the store, glancing outside; head resting on the palms of her hand.

Sighing out a small breath..."no one wants to buy flowers anymore" Eden quietly states as she closes her eyes feeling the sun warming up her cheeks.

Eden lue, 18 years of age, works and lives in a little flower shop 'last pedal'. After her parents passed from a car accident the shop is the only thing she has, the neighbour that use to look after her when she was little passed the flower shop down to her as it was to hard for him to run. She always was into flowers and seeping her feet into fresh soil.

Eden use to be left with her neighbour Lance and his wife when she was younger as her parents use to go away on business trips overseas, Lance was an old retired Businessman of some sort, his wife a florist before she passed put her whole life into a small garden at the front of his house, the garden was covered with the most beautiful flowers imaginable, all contained with a small wooden fence,
Eden loved to lay under the sun, keeping the flowers company, she adored the way the rose petals would beam in the sun.

Eden opens her eyes allowing her sight to adjust after staring into the bright sun, looking up at the clock on the wall.

"five already?"

She breathes in, making her way to the door locking it and turning over the sign to close. Hair lifting up on her shoulders as she feels a slight cold breeze wash straight through her thin skin she turns to close the rusty window, struggling as she's not the strongest, slamming it shut, proud of herself with a little nod she makes her ways up to the stairs.

Yawning she makes her way to the bedroom, taking off her her Mary Jane's, leaning them against her bed she rests her head down on the pillow, Edens eyes feeling tired; no longer being able to be held open she shuts them and drifts off to sleep. A chill runs through Edens body, awakening her she rubs her now puffy eyes, BANG. A loud noise making Edens jump gripping the edges of her silk dress, although she was wearing high socks her feet ran cold. Slowing lifting herself off the bed she quietly puts pressure onto the cold wooden ground beneath her, holding her breath not trying to make a single sound...SMASH, the distant sound made an echo through the store, covering her chest..trying to ease her poor racing heart she head towards the sound.

Stepping lightly reaching the stairs she squints her eyes trying to get better visibility of the darkness that surrounds her, failing to make out any of her surroundings she steps down stairs holding all of the air into her lungs hoping to levitate down the stairs without a sound...reaching the bottom, the same cold breeze falls onto her shoulder, looking towards where the wind is coming from. Frowning her brows.

"I could've sworn I shut that"

Looking under the window seeing a small vase holding a small flower smashed into the creases of the wood, Letting out a breath of relief.

"Must not of closed it properly, poor little flower, I promise to put you in some water tomorrow morning".

Bending down to scoop it up into her small hands, like a deers instincts kept her in her form, fear....ran through her body, goose bumps forming on her pale thighs uncontrollable shivers running down her spine. Scared. Confused on why her body is acting like this..

A low hum echoed through the dark room......she's not alone.

Hiiiii !!, gosh this is probably the worse thing you've read as it's my first chapter obviously!! I'll try and get better I promise! I hope you've enjoyed reading so far!!. Please don't hesitate to leave me any comments to make my writing better!! 🤍