Missions

Seven nation Army - The white stripes

-------------------------------------

(TW: implications of human trafficking)

   Alice sat at the table, eating her food and minding her own as Freddie and Harry talked. Her mind wandered to the text again, her head running a thousand miles a minute. No matter how many times she pushed the thought away it came back again, louder and louder each time. She got interrupted by her thoughts when she heard her phone ring.

   Looking at her phone she groaned when she saw it was Fury. She could practically feel the look Freddie gave her. "I told him only for emergencies, or to check up on me if I haven't called anyone in over a month."

    "If he sends us on a mission-" He started before raising a brow as he got cut off by Alice answering the phone.

   "Alice?" Fury asked, which Alice couldn't tell whether he was being genuine or not.

   "No, Albert Einstein." She answered, putting the phone onto speaker.

   "I'd appreciate it if you weren't sarcastic, Alisa." He said flatly.

   "I'm not sorry," she shrugged gently, then looked at Freddie who was practically glaring at the phone. "Now, if this isn't an emergency because I called—"

   "Have you or Freddie been getting any weird texts lately?" He cut her off, sighing gently.

   "Yeah, I got a text earlier just saying '11:30' which was really because—" Her eyes widened softly before she ran to the door with the phone.

~~~

   Freddie watched her, then looked over to Harry who just shrugged. "Alice, where are you-"

   "Give me thirty minutes!" She shouted as she took her headphones out of her pocket and stuck them in her ear.

   He looked at Harry with a 'Can you believe her?' look plastered on his face. He sighed gently as Harry shrugged then went back to eating, putting whatever he didn't want onto Freddie's plate, except for the vegetables, he put those on Alice's plate.

   "You have to eat more than steak, Harry." Freddie sighed as he sat down, taking another bite of his food.

   "I'm not that hungry," Harry murmured.

   Freddie looked at him with furrowed brows before laying his head on his shoulder, playing with his hands. "You sure?" 

   "Yea."

~~~

   Alice turned her phone off after they had connected then, "Nick?" She asked, tying her shoes as she ran down the hall.

   "I'm still- Did you just call me Nick?" Fury's tone hardened as he listened to Alice run.

   Alice ran out the door, just barely missing someone who walked past her. She didn't even bother to apologize, she wanted to get to the store as fast as she could. Honestly she didn't feel the need to apologize since the guy she edged past had always been a dick to her when they would run into each other in the halls.

   "No, I called you Jake." She breathed out as she just missed a car that drove out in front of her.

   "Are you running through oncoming traffic?" Alice noticed how his voice sounded genuinely worried and furrowed her brows as she looked through an answer in her head.