1

Carly stares at her room filled with posters and pictures of friends and family including a picture of her and Marjorie sat on the bedside table beside a book and a glass of water. The picture was very special to Carly it always had been, Marjorie was such an important part of Carly's life and had showed her how to be herself no matter what was thrown at her, she was like a mother to her. She always had been, Carly was looking forward to work because of it.

Carly walked into work that morning and signed in, Charlotte was in the same room as her today which made her feel so much better, Charlotte was like a big sister to Carly, they where each others comfort person. Carly said hello and then went to go do handover, a parent stood at the door waiting patiently surprisingly. It was Tommy's mum. She had always been " sceptical " on Carly because of her eating disorder, it wasn't very fair.
" Here's Tommy, " his mum said passing him onto Carly " make sure he gets breakfast please, thank you " she said before Carly could speak. " Hey Tommy! Right let's set you up for breakfast then." She spoke softly, fed up, but softly.

A couple hours later at handover.

" So how's Tommy been? " Tommy's mum asked her. Carly handed over Tommy and responded, " he's been very well behaved today, no incidents but he wasn't really eating his lunch so I was just wandering if maybe you want to change how big of a meal he gets? "
Tommys mum stared at her, " the kids have been copying you! You don't eat! Honestly such a bad example. How can you work in childcare." she blurted out scoffing before walking out.

What had Carly done to deserve this?

                              The girl
                  Who laughs and talks
              A lot and seem very happy,
                          Is also the girl
            Who may cry herself to sleep.
                                    🤍