Chapter 1

It was another day at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, rounds, the ER weren’t that bad today, surgeries… Or at least for the rest of the world, but not for Dr. Y/N Y/L/N. It washer third year of residency and it was going okay so far, she was an excellent doctor in fact. She had the best teacher after all, Dr. Meredith Grey, chief of general and Catherine Fox winner. But that was only in her job, because her personal life was a complete mess.

Her parents have always been a problem. Her father was never at home, it wasn’t necessary to say that he was cheating on her mother with God knows how many women. And her mother never bothered to say anything. One day he left with another woman that he got knocked up and had a son with. She didn’t hear of him until last year, he came to the ER with an overdose. Because of course cheater and bad influences. They couldn’t do anything. Dr. Grey did her best to save him knowing it was her father, but there was nothing she could do. She didn’t know what hurt most, if seeing him again after he abandoned her and her mother for another family or because of the overdose and choking on his own vomit. Either way it destroyed her. She never showed it, ever, she wasn’t one to show her emotions. She covered everything up with a smile or jokes, even if she was suffocating inside with her own air.

Her mother on the other side wasn’t better. I mean, yes she was better than the asshole of her father, but as a mother? Definitely not her thing. Her mother was a lawyer, a pretty known one, and as expected she wanted her daughter to follow in her steps. So let’s say she wasn’t very proud of her, even if she was a surgeon in one of the best hospitals in the country, a student of one of the best surgeons in general surgery in the world. To her mother she was always going to be a failure. And if that wasn't enough, years after her parents divorced she got pregnant and had another daughter. And what did her sister chose for her future? Law, of course.
She was the black sheep, because her stepfather was also a lawyer. She always felt out of place in her home since then, she didn’t fit in. They looked like a family and her… Anyways, her sister Lexa was so lovely that she felt disgusted. She was 5 years younger than Y/N, and it was always the favorite, the prettiest. It wasn’t her fault though, she hated her mother not her sister.

So she never had it easy, she gave her best and more but it never felt like it was enough. And to finish, it’s not nothing too important but it was there always. She was in love with Meredith Grey, mother of three beautiful children: Zola, Bailey and Ellis Shepherd Grey. Who had lost her husband and love of her life, Derek Shepherd, three years ago and haven’t had a relationship since then, not even almost a hook up. Because of course why fell in love with someone accessible, right? It’s obvious she has to move on, she’s 13 years younger and besides her last relationship was traumatic. Let’s say she found her ex in their bed with a common friend a week before they moved in together in her internship year.
Oh, and that made her have to look for a house fast because she was going to start her internship and her house was far away to go everyday. We said she had to move on from Grey right? Well she started living there, Grey offered her a room if she promised not to be a pain in the ass.

Lately she went back to old habits from med school. Her mother was at the hospital a couple of months ago for a case and made all those lovely comments like always. Don’t kill a patient cause you’re incompetent enough to do it, don’t be a burden for all those great surgeons, if you were a lawyer you wouldn’t be as good as her or her sister but at least she could be in a less prestigious law firm. Of course she had to say she should go on a diet, that’s the only way for you to be almost like your sister. And she didn’t even need it, she was already thin, her sister was thinner but that was just the way her body was, that didn’t mean she was in bad form. But she grew up listening to all those words, she had brainwashed her and she couldn’t help but look at herself in the mirror and see her mother’s words in it.