Excerpt

| R E S E N T I N G   Y O U  |

Incredible coming of age, with Identity and self-discovery, rivalry and competition, friendship and loyalty, acceptance and belonging, and emotional growth and maturity

〤〤〤

❝ He had stolen his spotlight, and 

Jordan was determined to take it back.❞ 

〤〤〤

Status:

Started: June 25, 2024, 1:35 PM

Finished: Pending

〤〤〤

Excerpt:

In the competitive world of high school football, Jordan Stricker has always been on top—star quarterback, popular with friends and admired by his peers. But when Khalid, a new student with an easy smile and effortless charm, arrives at school, everything Jordan has worked for feels threatened.

Jordan's initial reaction to Khalid is unexpected and intense—an inexplicable mix of jealousy and attraction that he can't quite understand. As Khalid effortlessly makes friends and excels in football, Jordan's insecurity grows, fueling his resentment towards the newcomer.

Khalid, unaware of Jordan's inner turmoil, tries to befriend him, offering kindness and support despite Jordan's cold demeanor. Their interactions are fraught with tension, each encounter revealing layers of complex emotions and unspoken desires.

As the football season unfolds and tensions rise both on and off the field, Jordan and Khalid find themselves drawn to each other in ways they never anticipated. Jordan must confront his fears and uncertainties, grappling with his identity and his growing feelings for Khalid. Khalid, in turn, navigates the challenges of fitting in at a new school while unraveling the mystery behind Jordan's animosity towards him.

Against the backdrop of Friday night lights and the exhilarating rush of the game, Resenting you explores themes of identity, acceptance, and the transformative power of love. It's a poignant story of two young men navigating the complexities of rivalry and romance, learning that sometimes the hardest battles are fought within oneself.

〤〤〤

Copyright:

Copyright Ⓒ by WrenBurnsWrites44

No use of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of this publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in reviews and certain other non-commercial uses permitted by copyright law.

In simpler terms, if you take my work, I'll take you to court. And all names in this book, characters, and news articles are all fake, whilst still holding a realism as if you were living it, and any similarity to a real person are purely coincidental!

〤〤〤

Trigger warnings:

This book contains:

- Heavy themes

- Abuse

- Bullying

- Suicide (and or the mention of so)

- Offensive humor

- Dark themes

- Alcoholic Substances

- Gay relationships

〤〤〤

If any of these are a trigger for you, than this book is definitely not a book for you, check out my other stuff! Some of my other books are a lot lighter and easier to stomach (=

〤〤〤

And on a brighter note, thank you for selecting this book to read! I appreciate every single one of you, and I'd love to get some entail, so feel free to vote and or leave comments.

〤〤〤

Title: Resenting You

Genre: Young Adult, LGBTQ+ Romance

Setting: A contemporary high school in a suburban town, where football games are a centerpiece of school spirit and social dynamics.

Target Audience: Young adult readers interested in LGBTQ+ themes, sports, and stories of personal growth and relationships.

〤〤〤

One final warning before you read, my character is very unlikable, and may come off as bitter and toxic in the beginning. Which he is. But remember, he has his flaws, but he is only human. And towards the end of the book, I will say that he 100% gets better!