Part 3.1

King Tooru Oikawa - Experiment 1.0

My dear child, Tooru.

I am so sorry for what I've done to you. But I know you have been safe these years spend inside the game. It is not a violent game, and I thank the gods every day for that.
But if you are back on this side of the reality, then there is a Glitch - A rift between the two realities. That can lead to a world of trouble. I apologize, my dear child, but it would be best if you returned into the game; there is no other way to close the rift. You will be safe there, I promise you.

Dr Ukai.

~•~

"That's all?" Oikawa asked, wiping his tears from earlier.

They were all currently sat outside the Sakanoshita store, listening as Tooru read the letter.

"'That's all?'?! Oikawa, do you realize what-"

"Yeah! I read it, Hajime! I just have to pass through, and it's done! You get your living room back!"

"I don't give a fuck about that! I'd rather have a portal in my living room than lose you!" Iwaizumi snapped. "How can you even consider it?!"

"You've been complaining about that portal for days! And now that we have a way to close it you suddenly 'don't give a fuck'?!" Oikawa snapped back.

"I didn't expect I was gonna lose you!" Iwaizumi said, running a hand through his hair. "Fuck it, we put guards on each side and we're done!" He decided.

"Don't be stupid! Anyone could sneak past them and cross through!" Oikawa said.

"Oh, yeah? What's the alternative? You become a sacrifice and I never see you again? No fucking way." Iwaizumi said.

"Forgive my interruption," Atsumu started. "But am I the only one who finds this odd?" He asked. Everyone looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean, dear?" Sakusa asked. Atsumu turned to Oikawa

"Oikawa, when you first crossed over, was there a portal?"

"No." Oikawa's eyebrows furrowed.

"And you four have seen two glitches, correct?" Atsumu asked. Sakusa, Kenma, Kageyama and Hinata nodded. "Was there ever a portal before?"

"Only now." Kenma's eyebrows furrowed.

"And therein lies my confusion: how did Dr Ukai know there was a portal?" Atsumu asked.

"Maybe from when Noya's grandpa crossed over?" Iwaizumi suggested.

"No, General Nishinoya is rumored to have 'vanished into thin air, turned to dust'." Kuroo narrated.

"Then, Dr Ukai has never seen a rift." Kageyama said.

"And he should not know what they are!" Hinata added.

"So then, how is he telling us how to close it?" Oikawa asked, looking at the piece of paper in his hands. The letters stared back.

His eyes went wide when he noticed. Nothing more than a split-second. But he noticed it. Everyone did.

"Did it just glitch?!" Hinata asked, jumping on Kageyama, making him fall.

"BOKE! GET OFF OF ME!" Kageyama shouted, hitting his back.

"You couldn't read Noya's text, but you noticed the letter glitching?" Sakusa raised an eyebrow at Hinata.

"Ah, so I would be correct to assume that this is not normal." Atsumu said. Oikawa took hold of the letter. The letter glitched again.

"I think that someone is trying to sabotage us." Kenma said. "Or something."