A CONFESSION

Next day all four of them, on horsebacks, were waiting for  paranjay to come and join them. Neel was in his own thoughts today, not as always, he wasn't talking much but smiling to himself. he had planned something for today . something special. a confession.

***

Nayra was laying down on the grass as sun has already drowned. She was seeing to that particular star ,which she felt was seeing her back.  She felt a tingle on her right cheek . It was  Ushnik licking her. She sat straight on the grass so he stops licking her. Ivan climbed down  ushnik's back and sat near her. " You , you never come to this place.", said Ivan while comfortably laying near her. " Neel told me to wait here for his signal."

" What signal?", questioned Ivan but he was least interested.

"He is going to confess HiS lOvE to your sister.", told Nayra with a cringe expression. She was always away from this stuff but secretly she also ships them , so she is happy for them.

"WHAT?!", Ivan suddenly gets it after a few moments.

"Don't shout . See that star, it looks like it is watching us,"

"Yeah I always come here just to stare back at it. But forget that, why didn't you stop---",he was interrupted by a ring on Nayra's watch. Nayra stood up, took the basket of white lilies near her and climbed on Chetak. She put a lily on Chetak's black body and he was looking godly in the moonlight. Ivan also climbed on Ushnik's back and followed her.

***

Paranjay also entered the valley of trees with Ivan and Nayra . Valley of trees was the most beloved place by Isha.  No horses were allowed inside the boundary of trees as they might get hurt .

Neel was standing in front of Isha and the three were facing Isha's back. When Neel saw them he stood up and went to the other end of the valley and lighted up the firecrackers. As the firecrackers went up, white lilies came down from behind. Isha was so amazed and was trying to remember anything special about the day. She was looking Nayra in eyes but couldn't get any hint. Just then she got a pat on her shoulder, she turned around just to find Neel on his knees asking for Isha's hand. Paranjay played 'Main Agar Kahoon' . The magical tune started to play but Isha didn't gave her hand. She started going back towards Shvet. Paranjay stopped the music . There was a silence for a while other than firecrackers . No-one could process what happened . Neel also started walking away. This was a sign of a heartbreaking dispersal.

Once everyone reached the orphanage, the star also flew away to it's home.

*** 

CHAPTER ENDS