Chapter 2

Andrea

"Oh, Zara nice seeing you here, who are these two beautiful girls? Babae mo?" Kita ko ang pag irap ni Zara at ngumiti ng peke sa babae na nasa harapan namin.

Zara picked us up and we went together to her cousin's birthday party, I just found out now that they are both only children like me. I thought they had siblings.

"They're my friends, happy birthday Lovely, always looking haggard as usual" kita ko ang pag tiim nang bagang nang babae na nasa harapin namin. Zara introduced us to other members of her family, and only Lovely stood out.

Almost all of them are fair-skinned, and there's one person with a different hair color, but the girl in front of me is morena with very dark hair. Her hair is short but curly, reaching just above her shoulders. She has thin eyebrows and long eyelashes.
Her eyes are dark, and her nose is not very sharp, her lips are pale too.

"Thankyou I appreciate it if hindi ka pumunta" puno ng sakristo ang boses niya habang masama ang tingin kay Zara.

Si Zara naman ay nakangisi habang nakatingin lang na nang-aasar kay Lovely. Hindi ko alam kung 'yan ang pangalan niya! Basta 'yan lang ang tinawag ni Zara. "I feel the same way. I would rather stay at home than engage in fake conversations with you. Excuse us, we don't have time for a worthless woman like you," Zara smiled, held our hand, and walked towards the table. "Annoying."

"'yun ba ang sinasabi mo na hindi mo makasundo dahil nagagalit siya sa'yo kapag nagugustohan ka ng nagugutohan niya?" Ara asked, and Zara nodded in response.

"Yeah," she simply replied, a smile forming on her lips. "She's mad at me because I get whatever I ask for from my parents, you know. I'm spoiled by my parents because I'm their only daughter."

"Ano pa?" Usisa ko habang nakahalumbaba sa nakatingin sa kaniya.

"She's a lesbian like me. She's mad at me because when her 'Girls' meet me, they fall in love with this gorgeous face and my hot body, you know that," she raised her eyebrows while smiling.

"Edi sana kinausap mo? It's not your fault kung gusto ka ng gusto niya" seryoso na sabi ni Ara kaya napabuntong hininga si Zara sa kaniya.

"I tried to talk to her once but she ended up hurting me. I hurt her back because who is she to hurt me?" Sakristong sabi niya. "I don't have the vocabulary to fight with a woman, she can do whatever she wants, I'll just mind my own business."

The party started, Zara left briefly because her parents called her. It was the first time we met her parents, and I was surprised to see that they were two women.

"Please? Let's have a frien-"

"No, and can you stop following me?" A familiar voice said irritably, Ara and I looked at each other and stood up immediately.

"What's happening here?" I asked with a furrowed brow. Irita na sabi niya habang nasimsim sa wine na hawak niya.  Nakahawak ang lalaki sa braso ni Zara at pilit ni Zara na inaalis ang kamay ng lalaki.

"I'm just asking her to have a friendly date with me, don't worry we're oka-" naputol niya ang sasabihin niya ng marahan hinawakan siyang hinawakan ni Ara at tinginan ng seryoso.

"She's our friend, you can't fool us so please remove your hand on her arm," the man hesitated and quickly removed his hand and ran away. "Kilala mo ba 'yun?"

"I just met him earlier, his parents and my parents are business partners," she pulled us back to our seats. "You know what? He wants to be my fiance?! Do I look like I would go for a guy!?"

"Try mo mag pa-pangit para tigilan ka niya" suggest ni Ara kaya binato siya ng papel ni Zara at sinamaan ng tingin habang ang katabi ko ay natawa.

"How about you two? Did your parents force you to marry someone you don't know and you don't like?" She asked us, and Ara and I shook our heads.

"No, and it's not a problem for me whether I marry a man or a woman," I gave a simple answer and then glanced at Ara.

I lied. I don't have parents anymore; my Mom and Dad left me for another family, and I was left with my Mom's mother who didn't accept me.

"Before, but now they didn't force me to marry someone I don't like. I left home for a few months, and they found me at my aunt's house where my cousin also hid me." paliwanag niya habang nasa pagkain ang paningin.

It was already one in the morning when we got home, so as soon as I arrived, I cleaned up and went to sleep. Our classes start at 7:30 am, and I woke up exactly at 7:00 am.

Malapit lang naman ang bahay namin sa school kaya may gana ako na late gumising. "I'm glad you woke up early?! I thought I needed to hurt you to wake up!"

Napayuko ako at pinaglaroan ang kamay habang nakatayo. I just finished taking a bath and I'm about to go to work, but Grandma is still here so I'll have to listen to her sermon first before I leave.

"Saan ka ng galing kagabi?" Lumapit ito at kwinelyohan ako kaya napalunok ako habang nakatingin sa kaniya na nanginginig. "I'm asking you a question and stop staring at me you dumb women!"

She slapped me four times, and I tasted blood on both sides of my cheeks.

"You're not going to work today! Guard, bring her to her room!" My eyes widened, and the guard quickly followed her orders.

"Gran-"

"Shut up! Will you stay in this house or will you leave!?" She shouted while giving me a stern look. Hindi ako nag salita at pumalag, narinig ko ang pag lock ng kwarto ko kaya napaiyak ako habang nakaupo sa sahig.

Ako na naman ang napag initan niya ng ulo. Napabuntong hininga nalang ako at nag palit ng pambahay.

Hindi pa ako nakain ng tanghalian at mag gagabi na, hindi naman ako makalabas ng kwarto ko dahil nilock ni Grandma ang pinto. Kanina pa rin tunog nang tunog ang phone ko pero hindi ko magawang iseen ang mga chat nila Ara.

"Ma'am? Pinapatawag po kayo sa office ng lola niyo" rinig ko na sabi sa labas nang pinto nang kwarto ko. Agad ako na tumayo sa pag kakahiga at binuksan ang pinto.

I walked downstairs to the second floor where Grandma's office was located. I took a deep breath before knocking.

"Come in."

"Good evening, Grandma," I bowed to Grandma, and she gestured for me to sit down, which I promptly did. Grandma looked so much like Mom, but the only difference was the color of their eyes and hair.

Grandma had natural blonde straight hair, while Mom had long curly black and blue hair, with half of Mom's hair being black and the other half brown. Grandma had brown eyes, while Mom had black eyes. Their eyelashes were not long.

They both had the same nose, face curve, eye curve, eyebrow thickness, and even their lips were similar.

As for me, I had long curly black and red hair, reaching just above my chest, with the black color more dominant than the red. I had thick eyebrows and long eyelashes, with grey eyes inherited from Daddy. I also had a natural blush on my cheeks, highlighting the redness against my fair skin. My lips were pink and looked kissable.

"I have something to discuss with you."seryoso na sabi niya kaya napalunok ako at tumango.