Chapter 3

Andrea

"I want you to leave this house," I was stunned by what she said and bowed my head. "You know I won't accept you, right? You're college and I know you can handle yourself. Don't worry, I'll give you money before you leave this house. Pack your things now, and after that, never come back here. I'll give you money, understood?"

Tumango ako at dahan-dahan na tumayo. Nag lakad ako palabas ng office at doon nag simula na tumulo ang luha ko. Where will I stay now? I know she will give me money, but that won't be enough for my daily needs.

If I rent a place? There's a vacant apartment in front of our school, and maybe I'll just stay there for now. Sisimulan ko na rin siguro na mag hanap ng trabaho? Sana ay may tumanggap sa'kin.

I started packing my things. I had three suitcases because of the number of clothes and other items I have. This suitcase is big enough to fit my clothes and other items.

After finishing, I returned to Grandma's office, and she handed me two keys, cash, three black cards, and also gave me an address. "Here, don't ask and leave now."  hinila ako ng mga bodyguard kasama ang mga maleta na dala ko  hanggang sa makalabas kami ng bahay.

Iniwan nila ako na nakatulala sa kotse na nasa harapan ko. Is Grandma serious!? She's going to kick me out then give me a car, a condo, and a large sum of money!? And black cards too!

Okay din naman at least hindi na ako mahihirapan mag hanap na matutuloyan at may kotse na ako. But I wish she just told me that she wanted me to learn to be independent, right!? Or that I should just move out?

When I arrived at the address Grandma gave me, as soon as I parked the car, four women approached me to help with my things.

Nag pasalamat ako sa kanila at sila na ang nauna na mag lakad. I opened the black door, thinking it was my condo. The colors of the door here were white, black, brown, and then back to white.

"Stay nalang po kayo Ma'am, kami na po ang mag aayos" Even though I was confused, I just nodded. This condo is beautiful, not too big, not too small, just right for one person.

Upon entering the door, there was a shoe rack and umbrella stand, with some magazines in earth tones and slightly fuzzy. On the side of the shoe rack, there was a section for household cleaning items.

May laman na ito, mga gamit panlaba, panghugas, panlinis ng condo. Kapag tuluyan ka naman na pumasok ay bubungad ang living room. On the right side is the living room, while on the left side is the kitchen with a dining area as well.

The kitchen and living room are almost fully furnished, with a small hallway leading to a door facing the bathroom and my bedroom.

Mukhang pinaghandaan talag ni Grandma ang pag papalayas sa'kin ah. Black and white ang kulay ng condo which is nagustohan ko naman.

They quickly finished arranging my things, so I entered my bedroom. The size of my bedroom is as spacious as the living room side, with a bed big enough for two people and placed on the left side.

I have a tall drawer where I put my clothes and other items, and I also have a study table.

Nahiga ako sa kama habang nakatingin sa puti na kisame. "Ano kaya ang dahilan ni Grandma at bakit niya ako pinalayas?" Tanong ko sa sarili ko at napabuntong hininga.

Hindi ko na nagawa na maligo dahil sa antok, anong oras na rin kasi at bakit ngayon pa ako naisipan na palayasin!  I was startled awake by the ringing of my phone, so I quickly picked it up and answered.

"Hello? Who's this?" I asked, furrowing my brow. Ang aga aga pa ang aga na mambulabog! Mamayang 7am pa ang pasok at 3am palang.

"Zara, why didn't you go to school, girl?" I heard some noise in the background, so I furrowed my brow. "Shh, she might hear you..." Rinig komg bulong niya pero hindi ko nalang pinansin.

"We went somewhere, why did you call? It's too early, Zara!" Napabalik ako sa paghiga sa kama at napahikab.

"We were worried, girl. You didn't reply to our message or our group chat, duh," she said with attitude, and I just sighed. "Anyway, I'll end this call now. I have something else to do. Mwah, bye!"

"Okay, bye" pinatay niya na ang tawag at ako naman ay nag palamon sa antok.

Nagising nalang ako sa alarm ng phone ko kaya agad ako na bumangon para mag handa. It was just a short walk to the school, so I didn't need to hurry.

Before leaving the condo, I packed some sushi. I stopped by the store I saw earlier and bought a soft drink because I hadn't had any for three days.

Tahimik lang ako na nag lalakad ng biglang may umakbay sa'kin, akmang sisigaw akonng mamukhaan kung sino ito.

Si Zara.

"Hmmm... Come with me first, I just need to buy some yellow paper, there," she pointed to the nearby school supply store, and I didn't complain.

I glanced at her neck with a red mark but chose not to pay attention to it. Mukhang lipstick 'yun dahil lips 'yung itsura. Saan naman kay so-sout ang babae na 'to?

Matapos namin bumili ng yellow paper ay pumasok na agad kami at naabotan si Ara na nag babasa sa notebook niya.  We have three classmates in one subject and just the two of us with Ara in another.

"Why didn't you go to school?" I almost spat out my drink when Ara suddenly spoke beside me. Seryoso naman siya na nakatingin sa'kin kaya agad na nag iwas ako ng tingin sa kaniya.

My heart was pounding so hard, and I couldn't understand what was happening to me. It's just her, so why am I nervous!? My current nervousness is completely different from the first time we met!

Nakatingin lang saamin si Zara na mukhang pinapanood ang pag uusapan namin. Wala pa ang prof namin ngayon kaya free time lang kami, wala rin naman iniwan na activity or work sheet na pinapagawa.

"A-ano... Uhm... Inasikaso kasi ng Grandma mo ang condo na lilipatan ko, wala kasi sila Mommy kaya siya nalang ang nag asikaso..." Tumango siya kaya nakahinga naman ako ng maluwag, pero agad din 'yun bumalik ng mapabaling ang tingin ko kay Zara. "B-bakit?"

She grinned at me and slowly leaned closer to my ear. "Liar, I know what happened," my eyes widened as she maintained her smile.

"H-how?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She took a biscuit that Ara was eating and bit into it, still smiling. The person on my right side seemed unfazed by what was happening between us here.

"I just really know everything." Napanganga ako sa dahilan niya kaya tumawa naman ito ng mahinhin. "Anyway, can I not come home with you guys? I have somewhere to go," Ara and I just nodded at her, and we fell silent immediately because the professor arrived.