17 • HIS FEELINGS & HER FLAWS

Charlotte watched as the queen's maidservant Jeyn, pours the last jar of warm water in the tub, as the the First Lady of the Seven Kingdoms was soaked and steamed.

Queen Mellario is In her private apartments, soaked in a warm bath. Her eyes are closed and her head is laid over the tub's lip.

The doors of her chambers are opened and a voice rumbled in a baritone. "You spend more time in that bath than I do on the throne." Maegor comes in regally.

Mellario slowly opens one eye to see her Lord husband approaching her, she couldn't help but admire his physique, perfect like fine wine, his unmatched aura of sexiness made her smirk.

"Your Grace." The servants acknowledge him, bowing lowly.

"Everyone out." the Queen commands as the servants and handmaids in the wings quickly vacate at the king's coming.

The occupants began to disperse, including Charlotte, who was replacing the vases with fresh roses turns to meet the King's gaze, gods she lost her breath. Maegor had an intimidating aura, he is an epitome of perfection, his red orbs is so distinguished he sent her swooning.

"Your Grace." She cutised.

The King eyes her briefly, before drifting his gaze to his wife.

"You may go Charlotte. Thank you." Mellario dismisses her.

As soon as the brown haired and the retinue deserted the chamber, Jeyn shuts he door behind her, standing outside with the servants, along with Ser Ryam, the commander of the King's Guard.

Blushing sheepishly, Charlotte exit the Queen's quarters, to return back to the Tower of the Hand. She serves the King's wife with grace, resilience and loyalty unmatched, but her feelings for Maegor Targaryen keeps waxing stronger.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Tired, splendid, irritated." Mellario tells him amusingly. "I sometimes have mood swings."

Maegor shrugs. "You seem to be enjoying yourself in the tub." He approaches her side.

"This is the only place I can find comfort these days." Mellario chuckles softly.

"I didn't know Rheanyra's best friend was in your retinue." Maegor counters as he takes a seat on the stool beside the tub.

"Charlotte has been helpful, bringing my meals and looking after me with Rheanyra. She seems quite homely." Aemma remarked.

"Very thoughtful her." Maegor appraised as he took his wife hand, kissing her knuckles.

"You left the Red Keep without a word, I almost lost my mind when they couldn't even find you. That was dangerous husband."

Maegor pecks her forehead. "I know, and I'm sorry. Harrenhal was getting out of control. I had to do something else chaos will breach into realm." he apologized.

Mellario sighs. "A beast that almost took your life, I don't plan to become to a widow at an early age Maegor, especially when I'm due next moon." she scolds him.

"It'll never happen again, I promise." The King looks down lovingly at his queen, feels the water. "It's tepid." He stirs the water, then sprinkles it on her forehead smirking.

"As warm as the maesters will allow." Mellario tells him breezily.

"Don't they know that dragons prefer heat?" Maegor counters.

"After this miserable pregnancy, I would not be surprised if I hatched an actual dragon." Mellario points out.

Maegor chuckles."And he will be loved and cherished." He kisses her knuckles.