18. Slide the Panties

She supposed she was in a relationship now with Trenton.

That was fine by her, Trenton was a nice, sweet guy. He gave her lots of attention and she liked that. Every day, as he did before, he invited her to lunch and every day she had to decline. She either ordered in and ate at her desk or skipped lunch. Or at least ate lunch so late in the day it was considered dinner.

She also started online classes to get her Master's degree from Webster University, and that kept her busy. Between work and the coursework, she did not have much time to give Trenton the attention he deserved.

Maybe having a boyfriend right now was not her thing.

"Hey Shar, it's Friday and I haven't spent any time with you." Trenton was at her office door, standing there, looking so darn handsome she had to smile at him.

The man could dress. Always nicely shaved and hair trimmed as if he got it done every week. She liked personal grooming and hygiene in a man.

"Trent, sorry I-"

"Before you tell me no." He held up two bags of food that looked like it came from the cafeteria. "I brought lunch to you."

He walked to her desk and pulled up a chair to sit beside her. He leaned over to kiss her but she backed away.

"Trenton! We're in the office."

"So? No one cares that we're together."

"But that doesn't mean I want to be all kissy face in the office. We have to stay professional." She took a bag from him. "What did you get me?"

"With your little attitude woman, you might starve." He took the bag from her hand.

"I'm sorry!" She leaned over to give him a quick kiss on the mouth. She even added a smile and batted her eyes at him. "There! Thanks for bringing me lunch."

He handed her the bag. "I see we need to work on our manners, huh?"

"Sorry, I've been so busy this week." She pulled out the burger and fries from the cafeteria. She probably would have skipped lunch if he had not brought it for her.

"It's cool. We have the weekend, right?"

She stuffed her mouth with the burger and nodded. "Yeah, will you cook for me again?"

"Aah! I see, you only like when I feed you."

She smiled at him. "Maybe this weekend we can explore other things."

She didn't know what she thought saying that. She was not her friend Amari, jumping into bed too quickly with someone. She liked Trenton, she liked kissing him, and she liked spending time with him. Sex was a whole other thing.

She could live with it or without it.

She would rather get to know Trenton better before they took things there. She liked cuddling with him and making out. Still, there was a lot more to get to know.

That night, he invited her over to his place because he wanted to cook for her again. Or rather, she asked him to. She was more comfortable at his place now, making herself at home, kicking off her shoes, and walking barefoot around his place.

She liked that he already knew her favorite wine and kept a bottle waiting for her. She poured herself a glass and went right in. After a long, stressful day at work, wine was her best friend.

Trenton was already in the kitchen, cutting and dicing things. He did not tell her what he was making, so she had to be nosy and look around at everything, watch him do his thing. Some broccoli, cubed chicken breasts, and freshly grated parmesan cheese. He had it set up like he was on a cooking show or something.