25. Away for the Weekend

Sharynn POV

Trenton was a special kind of guy. She never dated someone like him. He was so attentive to her, always understanding of her busy schedule, and above all else, catered to her like no man had ever.

He cooked dinner for her, he treated her to gifts when she did not ask and he never rushed their relationship along.

Oh, but she was ready!

This weekend was their getaway to Chicago. She packed light because they both planned on doing lots of shopping. She took a half day Friday, and so did he, so they could get a head start out of town. She got her hair and nails done Thursday night instead of her weekly Saturday morning so she would look her best.

She also went to get a Brazilian bikini wax and made sure everything was nice and clean down there.

She left work, went to her place to take a quick shower and change, redo her make-up, grabbed her bags that she already packed, and waited for Trenton to pick her up.

"All ready?"

"Very ready!" She grabbed him in a hug and kissed him. "Thanks for this weekend. We are going to have so much fun."

He grabbed her bags to put into his car. "Long drive there, I hope you have some good conversation ready."

"Oh, I look forward to hearing about your college days and how you were wild and barely made it out."

He laughed but she was so serious. Unlike her, who was a straight arrow in college, she already knew Trenton got into lots of trouble. She graduated with a three-point nine G.P.A., he earned a two-point eight. She studied hard and focused and never was into partying. Trenton said his first two years were a blur before he focused, and he had to attend a fifth year to make up failed classes before he could graduate.

Her parents would have killed her if she graduated with less than a three-five G.P.A. But more than that, she wanted good grades for herself. Good grades equated to a better life. Well, not really. Trenton was not an honor roll student and he was doing well in life. Big house, nice car, and could afford to treat her like the queen she deserved.

"Have I told you I love this car?"

"This is a top-of-the-line GMC Yukon Denali...not a car."

They went back and forth talking about their college days. She told him all about Richard, and how things ended because he wanted to see other girls. She did not want the breakup and was heartbroken. She did not tell him that it took years to get over him. She did not tell him she still thought of him some days. Surely that was the wrong way to start a relationship.

Trenton was not still harping on the girl who turned down his proposal. He seemed to have moved on. Said things happened for a reason. He wanted to marry her, but instead got his heart broken. She wanted to marry Richard, she didn't know if she would ever get over that heartbreak.

What was wrong with her? She had a nice guy wanting to be with her now and she was thinking about another guy.

She leaned over and kissed Trenton's cheek. He grinned at her.

"What was that for?"

"Just because."

When they finally made it to their hotel, the five-star Ritz-Carlton on the Magnificent Mile, she was impressed. Those rooms went for almost a grand a night. She knew he was trying to impress her, and it worked. Their room had a lake view and she stood there watching the boats at a distance. Trenton wanted to shower and change after the long drive.

She wished she was bold enough to go and join him in there.

"You want to go out and have dinner first or relax a bit?"