20. Will you take me there...on a date?

“Where have you been?” The coach fired his questions the moment Nakul turned.

That man’s eyes were filled with genuine concern.

“One day you stopped coming. I thought your parents took you back in. But then…..I tried to confirm it and that wasn’t the case. Wh-where were you?” Now tears were starting to well up in that old man’s eyes. He sort of considered Nakul as his own son. Lord knows how hard he tried to look for him.

But Nakul was in a dilemma. How could he talk about the way he spent a few of his previous years?! How could he tell his coach, the person he respected so much, that he got mixed up with a gang because he wanted to earn a little extra, but ended up in jail instead and then he was too ashamed to show his face to his coach so he decided to rather fight in an underground club?! How could he?

All he could do was look at his coach with his lips sealed tight but his eyes laced with shame.

The coach sensed that it was something that Nakul wasn’t able to share. He imagined the worst case scenario.

“Nakul! Are you in any kind of trouble?” The concerned coach held Nakul by his shoulder. “Do not hesitate to tell me about it!” That concern changed into conviction as if he was ready to go to lengths in order to help Nakul. “Is….Is anyone….forcing you to do anything?”

The concern was back. Although the coach was a mere beta, he understood the way the world looked at and treated omegas. Hell, Nakul’s own parents threw him out since he was an omega. He tried helping the boy as much as he could. Offering him a place as well as trying to get him a part time job, knowing how much self-pride he had. But as time passed by, that same pride started making Nakul feel awkward. The feeling of being a burden on someone and indebtedness grew further and he decided to part ways.

If only he could legally adopt Nakul. The coach was even ready to do that, but he was late. One day….Nakul was nowhere to be found. But now that he found that child, the questions he had were endless. And one that he particularly had was if Nakul was being forced to sell himself. It was a sad truth about living as an omega, that they were so susceptible to being put into prostitution in order to survive.

The coach feared for the worst. “Do you need help? Just tell me!”

Nakul couldn’t help but smile looking at how concerned his coach was for him. It did feel good to have someone worry about you. “Coach, I…I’m better. In fact, I’ve never been this…..good before!”

Instead of the past, Nakul chose to tell his coach about the current situation. He opened his mouth to explain the situation, when his alpha hopped in, thinking that an old stinky geezer was troubling his precious mate!

“Nakul! What’s wrong? Is this man troubling you?!” The Alpha turned his attention towards that middle aged man. And he chose to get all defensive even without gaining a proper understanding of the situation.

“Hey old man! Back off! Keep your hands off of him or else….” Dhiraj gave the poor man a death stare. Standing like a mountain in between him and Nakul. In fact he went further. He held the coach by his collar, his murderous glare sending a cold chill all across the coach’s body.

Nakul jumped in to save the situation.

“Dhira-Dhiraj, he’s my coach! He’s not a bad guy! Leave him alone.” Nakul tried loosening Dhiraj’s grip that was holding his coach by collar. The coach was visibly shaken by that Alpha.

But the moment he heard those words, Dhiraj understood what the situation was.

“Oh! I’m-I’m sorry!” Dhiraj immediately backed off. It was only then that the coach was able to breathe freely.