Chapter 15

Trigger warning: Self harm mentions

--

In the morning while I was getting my breakfast made before school, there was knocking on the door. It was pretty early, I couldn't figure out who the hell it could possibly be. The rest of my family members were scattered throughout the house, getting themselves ready for school and work. I was the closest to the door, so I sighed and made my way over there. Opening it up, I raised an eyebrow.

"Camz, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked.

"I broke up with Austin.."

I stared at Camila with wide eyes. She came all the way over here before school to tell me that she broke up with Austin?

"Look, Lauren.. I was going through my phone this morning and I found texts that were sent to you, about meeting by the track. I didn't send you those, I swear to you I didn't. I forgot my phone at Austin's place over the weekend, and I had asked him over Facebook to bring it to me at school yesterday, and I didn't see him when I got to school. I went straight to class, I was planning on seeing him after music class," she explained.

"That doesn't explain why you left him, Camila," I told her. However, it did explain why he had her phone.

"I asked him why those were sent to you. He started yelling about how he should have remembered to delete them, and I was really confused. So I asked him again why he sent you those messages and he told me. He told me everything. And he told me that as his girlfriend I should have been backing him up with everything."

I looked down. "What exactly is 'everything'?" I asked.

"He told me about the paint balloons. He also told me that Normani totally went off on him and Adrienne."

I nodded. Of course there was more to it than that. I didn't bother to tell Camila that though.

"I thought you really liked him, Camz.."

"I did. But I'm not going to be with him if he's going to be treating my friend like a piece of trash," she told me. "And we haven't been friends for that long, but I know better now than to be with someone like him."

I wasn't sure what to say. It was really surprising to me that she had come all the way over to my house just to tell me this when she easily could have told me at school, or called since she had her phone back. Then again, even if she had called, I might not have answered. I glanced around, realizing that we were still just standing there in the doorway.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No. I just got my stuff together and then I had my mom drop me off here on her way to work."

"C'mon in. I was just starting to get breakfast together for myself, join me."

Within five minutes, Camila and I sat together at the dining room table with our food. We had toast, Cheerios, and Camila had a banana. I picked up the jar of Nutella and generously spread it on my toast. She chuckled at me, and I just shrugged, taking a large bite.

It was pretty quiet while we ate. Or at least, we were quiet. Taylor and Chris were running all over the place, screaming back at forth to each other from whatever room they were in.

"My sister and I do that," Camila commented.

"That somehow doesn't surprise me."

Camila peeled her banana, and took a bite. My head went straight to the gutter and I couldn't keep myself from laughing a little bit. She stared at me, a confused look taking over her face. After a moment she got it, she and smacked me lightly on the arm.