1. The Invitation

Semester break. Cousin's wedding.

Kim Yeon was unable to hide her excitement from her friends. She was daydreaming for a good 3 hours of lecture, none of Mr. Chen's mouthful explanation she caught nor any of important notes she jolted down in her notebook. Her mind was already off, wandering to several places she wished to go for the wedding.

"Look at her. Did she even realise the class has dismissed. " Ra Eun, who was sitting in front of Kim Yeon, turned around to meet the thrilled girl; eyes fixed on the shady tree  outside the window.

"Kim Yeon!" Jang Yul screamed her name. The screeching pitch startled Kim Yeon from her moments.

[SC: Ra Eun & Jang Yul, Kim Yeon's friend]

"Jang Yul, you don't have to shout. What do you want, sweetie?" Kim Yeon pats her petite best friend head while smiling softly.

"Have they decided the country? My FYP was full of weddings in Australia. The major impact of Anyone But You. Maybe your cousin will choose Australia too."

"That's your take from the movie? The impact that the movie had on me was the actors. My FYP was filled with Glen Powell edits and girls admiring Sydney Sweeney's boobs. And I'm one of the girls. I wish mine were just like her." Ra Eun holds her two worlds affectionately. "But boobs aside, I had feeling the wedding would be in the beautiful Sydney, city of love." Ra Eun holds her chest.

"That's Paris, you idiot." Jang Yul laughed.

"I guess so. Since she's a little bit of FOMO, I bet she would choose Australia." Kim Yeon smirked at the thought of it. After watching the movie, she was enlightened by the idea of a wedding in a foreign country while the serenity song plays in the background.

Everyone, all together.

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten.

The idea and the song clouded in her mind until she reached home.

"Kim Yeon, you are back!" She was greeted by her mother as Yeon hugged her in return.
She put aside her luggage and went straight to the couch.

"How are you, honey? Aren't you tired from the long-distance drive?" Her mom asked in concerned about her only daughter fatigue condition.

"3 hours is not that long, mom. I switched with Sung Ryu every 1 hour. We got music and snacks so we are good."

The name Sung Ryu had changed her mother entire mood.

"You let him drive? Why are you still hanging out with that kid?"

"Mom, he's my boyfriend, and he's nice except for the part he don’t have a driving license yet."

"That's a 2 year long of YET."

"2 years of us been dating YET why are you still despising him?"

"I don't know, Yeon. I just don't get his vibe. Maybe it is just me OR the tattoos on his arms. "

"Maybe it's just me OR dad also got one."

"Your dad got my name tattooed after we got married. We are official for life."

"That is just how gen-z is mom. It is like an achievement. He will erase them as soon as he finds the right one."

"And why aren't he erasing it already?"

Kim Yeon remains silent and twiddle her thumbs, rubbing her tired temple as she admits there is no winning in an argument with her mom.

"That's a bunch of exes. He got four female names tattooed there. That explains much of him already. Do you wish to be the fifth?"

"Mom, please. Just because he doesn't fit your son-in-law criteria, you are willing to break my relationship with him."

That is definitely her mom intention. However, the mother had no wish to become the sorely reason for her only daughter breakup.

"I'm sorry, honey." Her mom gave up. She hugged her daughter once again and pecked her cheek.

"I just wish you to be happy, just like your cousin. She met a great guy."

"Your definition of great guy is Asian men with doctorate. I may disappoint you in that. You know I prefer a hot guy than nerds."

"The nerds can be hot too. Have you seen your dad?"

"Euw. I am not seeing my dad in that way, EVER."

Both of them laughed when the dad suddenly entered the living room.

"Are you guys talking about me?" As if he wasn't listening the whole time. He was just few metres in the kitchen, listening to the chaotic argument about boyfriend issues and suddenly into husband topic.

"Hey, dad. I miss you." She hugged her dad once he was seated next to her.

"Have you seen the wedding invitation?" Her dad showed a video sent by the Koo's. Kim Yeon felt the electricity in her veins as she excitedly jumped.

—-—-—
𝓦𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓲𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓲𝓷𝓿𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾
𝓽𝓸 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓦𝓮𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰
𝓲𝓷 𝓢𝔂𝓭𝓷𝓮𝔂, 𝓐𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓪.

—-S♡L-—

"We are going to Australia!"